Help with choosing A4

cyberdude

Reaction score
Website
www.sunseaker.co.uk
Hi, I currently own a 2000 (B5) 1.8SE and want to trade up to a used B6 type and have a few questions.

Are there any major problems with the earlier B6 models that I need to be aware of?
Also, after looking on AutoTrader, I only found cars with fornt electric windows. I would like 4 EW was that a rare option taken?
I am after a 01, or younger, sport model with 4EW, DIS, Climate, less than 30,000 miles as minimum. What should I expect to pay for this? Would I find something decent under £15K?

[Edit]Where can I find a list of what is offered standard on model years 01 and 02 assuming the list is different to this years models.

I think that rear electric windows were only standard on SE spec and 6 cylinder Sport models. DIS was also not standard spec on Sport models only SE spec.
Good luck.

for me manual will always be the best route to take. autos seem to take power, acceleration and control away from the driver. they do make life easier though.....

I bought a 1.9 tdi 130 A4 avant sport in June 03. Since then the exterior drivers door handle has fallen off twice, the air-con plays up occassionally as does the cd player. There's been a squeak on the front suspension since new, although it's not that audible now, above the rattle from the luggage compartment cover and the creaking from the dash. I've replaced 2 front tyres after 12000 miles (£250). The first service cost me £240, basically for an oil change and the best I've managed on a 400 mile drive through France is 43 to the gallon (around town no better than 35). Personally I'd resolve your quandry by buying a BMW, Toyota, Lexus, Subaru, etc.

PS - Oh yeah and for £22000, I didn't get electric back windows either, OR a trip computer - although quite why you're so obsessed with with rear E/W's, I can't imagine. Hey look they're rear - electric - WINDOWS!