12v power

Theo0000

Reaction score
Hi there
Can some one please tell me where i can find 12v switched power under the hood to use for some led's ? :tocktock:

Comes as a standard fitment on a Corsa and a Rover 25, but not on an A4.

:undwech:

Ok not one are as clever as you think.I want to now where you can tap of 12v switched
under the bonnet.WISE ASSES

I think you'll find you got the reply you did because stick on LED's are seen as a bit tacky/chavvy....

As people said, its the kinda thing you expect to see stuck to a corsa thats being ragged around the local tesco car park at 11pm.

I dont think there will be any ignition switched lives under the bonnet, or at least, not any that you should be tapping into.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Ever the diplomat Aragorn....

I can't believe I'm going to be complicit in doing this to an Audi, but....

Should you wish to hypothetically wire up some low voltage lights from under the bonnet - it might be an idea to check the voltage on the lines that run to the running lights (aka "side" or parking lights... i.e. the ones that go on when you turn the lights on one notch). A few LED's would probably be okay - but bear in mind that in the unlikley even that if you start drawing too much current on that circuit and blowing fuses, it will also "trip" (switch off) the running lights and technically render the car illegal and you'll get pulled over.... but by the sounds of it, that may not be the rozza's main reason for doing that :whistle2:

HI go see this
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205172
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

So you wantr the Led's for your Headlamps?? If you was that specific then You would have had more serious Answers mate. ;)

ha ha - Theo, you would have got a LOT less abuse for that.... not exactly to my taste, but there's nothing wrong with blending in a few other Audi OEM looks ;)

We all though you were after one of those particularly tacky kits....

And we would have recommended something like this for inspeiration for a body kit:

306_turbo_diesel.GIF

If you want it on with the sidelights, then just splice it into the sidelight wiring, the extra power wont be an issue.

If you want them on all the time with the ignition, then you want the connection labelled 75X in the central electrics panel behind the dash.

If you want it on with the sidelights, then just splice it into the sidelight wiring, the extra power wont be an issue.

If you want them on all the time with the ignition, then you want the connection labelled 75X in the central electrics panel behind the dash.
aragorn
Thanks the only one not afraid to help.

im sure someone on here has purchased a set of headlights that have the leds in which fit the b6 that are alot more OEM look than a diy kit, have a search on previous posts.

Got any bigger pics? :lmfao:

So is that your car after the conversion? Or a picture of the car with the conversion you are hoping to do?

Looks good though.

...am I missing something...literally!! Cant see a Pic at all..:think:

I give up! :banghead:

Sometimes they are there, and sometimes they aren't! Must be a problem with webshots, the image host.

:Flush:

i reckon they dont look too bad... how long did it take you?

Dont look to bad do they. How did you find the task of getting inside the Headlamp?? Did you have to bake them for a while to release the seal??

I have cheated .is under the light did not have the nerve to open stock lights.

Dont look to bad do they. How did you find the task of getting inside the Headlamp?? Did you have to bake them for a while to release the seal??

The B6 lamps dont come apart with baking, you need to do a lot of prizing and levering at them to get them open.

See this guide: http://www.a4mods.com/index.php?page=webcontent/pages/joey.html&category=3

I've done the same thing to my B5 lamps. Looks a lot better imo. I hate shiney chrome though.
http://lr90.org/Audi/lights

...ahem Yes They Do. You put them on a low bake instead of the heatgun method (again, by Choice), Many have done it including Rocko on here and loads on Audizine. Infact everyone who I asked did it that way...

Do a search through Rocko's threads, you'll see