Bodykit recommendations?

Reaction score
Guys - any sites with recommended bodykits for my B6 A4 Quattro Sport Saloon?

I've found these guys on fleaBay: SMK Tuning

And also RSBodykits.co.uk, but these look a bit too aftermarket....

Opinions?

I'm after something as close to the S-Line look as possible.... I'd probably be perfectly happy if it was all colour coded in the first place, but if I'm going to take trim off, paint and refit it, I'd rather be painting and fitting a slightly sportier version of the kit.... and this way I'll have an opt-out plan if the paint-work all starts to go horribly wrong and I need to revert to the oriignal stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-S4-Quattro-front-bumper-2005_W0QQitemZ380076234605QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item380076234605&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1689|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

that for instance looks like a B6 one?

nice replies guys!

I'll price up the A4mods options and see... would probably prefer that to the repair job, but not ruling anything out as that could be a huge saving!

From previous A4mods link:

S4 Front:
-Picture of an S4 Front can be seen HERE
-S4 Front bumpers use NA Rebar
-Part numbers for s4 front are:
8E0-807-103-T-GRU cover
8E0-807-240-B-GRU cover
8E0-807-787-A frame
8E0-807-788-A frame
8E0-898-193-A mount kit
8E0-807-682-B-01C grill
8E0-807-681-B-01C grill
8E0-807-647-B-3SR grill
8E0-941-699-A fog lamp
8E0-941-700-A fog lamp
8E0-955-275-B-GRU cap
8E0-955-276-B-GRU cap

S4 Rear:
-Picture of an S4 rear can be seen HERE
-S4 Rear bumpers use NA Rebar
-Part Number for S4 Rear is: 8E5 807 301 S GRU
-A4 Aluminum strip will not work on S4 Rear without modification
-Part Number for S4 Rear Aluminum Strip is: 8E5 807 443 B 2ZZ

S4 Sides
- S4 Sides are the same as stock sides and USP sides

USP Front
- Picture of USP Front can be seen HERE
-DIY Conversion from stock A4 Front to USP Front can be seen HERE
-Part numbers for the USP Front are
Bumper cover - V8E0 807 103 AS GRU COVER
Lower spoiler - V8E0 807 110 B GRU SPOILER
Fog light grill - V8E0 807 682 C 01C GRILL
Fog light grill - V8E0 807 681 C 01C GRILL
Center Grill - 8E0 807 647 D 01C CENTRAL GRILL

USP Rear
- Picture of USP Rear can be seen HERE
-USP Rear uses a Euro Rebar

Where can I price up the Audi S4/USP kits?

Can these be ordered direct from Audi?

How do I know all the parts I'll need to order or is it ALL of those listed (there seem to be several parts for some items: I assume for cabrio/avant/saloon?) or are some of those just Left and Right?

more likely left/right?

jam the parts into vagcat and see?

I would imagine that its going to be 3-400quid to buy the front from the dealer, plus paint. A bodyshop isnt going to take mcuh to repair the little scrape in that ebay bumper, so that defo seems liek the better buy to me?

hmmm... will an S4 bumper go straight on in place of my A4 bumper or will I need any extra stuff for fitting (different shaped mounting plates, etc)?

VagCat.com looks interesting.... can I buy stuff listed there from them or any VAG dealer or is that purely for reference?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-S4-Quattro-front-bumper-2005_W0QQitemZ380076234605QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item380076234605&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1689|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

that for instance looks like a B6 one?

How would that fit the B6 with our Grill???

I was also trying to work it out: the Hofeler is defintely a B6, but it looks like a spliced in B7 grill and B7 bumper, etc....

Very funky - a B7 look without the Christmas tree lights! (they've yet to grow on me!)

I think I might end up going for something like that 2005 S4 front bumper and then just getting the rest colour coded (currently I've got two-tone: silver at the top and grey at the bottom).

a) Will that 2005 S4 bumper swap in fairly seamlessly where my 2001 Quattro bumper is currently?

b) What else is required?

Have I still got to order most of this list??

8E0-807-103-T-GRU cover
8E0-807-240-B-GRU cover
8E0-807-787-A frame
8E0-807-788-A frame
8E0-898-193-A mount kit
8E0-807-682-B-01C grill
8E0-807-681-B-01C grill
8E0-807-647-B-3SR grill
8E0-941-699-A fog lamp
8E0-941-700-A fog lamp
8E0-955-275-B-GRU cap
8E0-955-276-B-GRU cap

I'm guessing "no fog lamps".... after that I'm pretty lost.... and this looks anything but straight-forward!

807000.png

pic borrowed (and directly linked) from VAGcat.com (pls shout if I ought to remove it!)

That Bumper in question wont fit because our Grilles are on our Bonnets and the Bumper you are looking at has the grill built onto also so unless you go down the hofelhoffhofferhoff route then that bumper is No good!!!!!

If you ask me, it looks like a S4 Cabriolet Front bumper! Defo aint a b6 Saloon Bumper!!!

and I'm pretty sure that the eBay item is not a B7... the centre grill that runs from bonnet and into the bumper is a LOT longer on the B7.... plus I think the fog light "vents" have a bit more of a scoop to them and there should be some indication of a kink along the lower line of the headlights.... (if it was a B7)

I'm pricing up the new stuff to see how much it'll be.... any idea on where to get prices online? Vagcat just refer you to their nearest suppliers....

Other option might be to get some perfectly good regular A4 lower trim to start and then I can try to get them colour coded.... I'd probably be happy with those for a while (and a good way to cut my teeth)....

Anybody know some breakers in SW London / Surrey?

Thanks J7USS.... any idea if an OEM S4 saloon bumper will fit in place of ours?

I guess that technically it's only the lower part of the bumper that I need to replace, but I'm not sure if the S4/Sline lower half will fit with the regular saloon top?

Audi_008.jpg

ixus90_feb09012.jpg

yes a B6 S4 Bumper will fit!
Looking at that bumper again id say its a Cab Bumper.

excellent - good to hear the parts are interchangable....

Is it possible to just replace the lower half of my bumper with the S4 version and re-mount my fog-lights in there, or do I have to replace the top half too? i.e. start fiddling with headlight washer caps, etc?

Gonna give that eBay bumper (that Aragorn found) a miss until somebody has a clearer idea of what it is...

Audi-S4_Cabriolet_2004_800x600_wall.jpg

Take a look at this bumper mate, Looks the same to me!

b5c7_1.jpg

Im not sure about the Saloon S4 bumpers, I think they are 2 piece because the bottom is bonded on but some say its just one unit!!

Audi-S4_Cabriolet_2004_800x600_wall.jpg

Take a look at this bumper mate, Looks the same to me!

b5c7_1.jpg

Im not sure about the Saloon S4 bumpers, I think they are 2 piece because the bottom is bonded on but some say its just one unit!!

Ah so it IS a B6 bumper, but a convertible version...

I guess that means you could fit the convertible bonnet an grille for a bit of a different look to your B6.

hmmm.... tempting, but I really want to stick with pretty close to stock (despite the yearning for an S4 front bumper).

Yeah It "IS "a B6 Bumper but I wouldnt be changing the Bonnet to fit one, sounds like way too much hassle.

agreed.... next thing that means the front quarters don;t quite line up, etc, etc...

still happy to recieve recommendations on where to source S4 / A4 bumper trim / body kits!!

All the S4 breakers on ebay seem to be convertibles, but it might be worth emailing round to see if any of them have any saloon B6 parts?

Check they sell the Back Bumper for a saloon just incase but yeah of course Im going to say its a nice kit, after all - its a Reiger!!ha...

I paid £700 for mine when I first got it couple ys ago direct from Germany, ABS plastic and it fitted like a glove.

Did the ad actually say that it was the Rieger?

The front bumper does look the same as yours, but I'm I wasn't sure what the back of yours looked like - check the SMK-Tuning ebay link - they do a saloon rear bumper - just a shame that the demo car has those alloys... is that he same rear as yours? Any chance of seeing a few pics of yours?

Also - what do your side-skirts look like?

Those SMK skirts look pretty nice, it's only the rear that I'm undecided on...

I'm basing my definition of Rieger kits on Pg.67 of their online catalogue... but that said, even the least "busy" front bumper isn't as slick as yours.

Still chasing some Audi dealerships to see if I can get the proper S-line kits too.... I'm still a VERY big fan of the look that Paul_A3_130TDI has for his B6 A4...

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?p=677950#post677950

Yeah its just a copy but does look a little bulkier but might just be the colour.
The skirts on the red one were the same but I turned them in more so its didnt give off the flared skirt look.

Do a search mate, You'll see plenty of pics of the red one, Im a Picture Whore!!!:yes:

holy cr@p, yes... found threads from when u first got the kit... seen both the main threads with a dozen+ photos each...

Front = very nice, I'm still going to nose around for an S-Line for a bit, I'd probably prefer the this kit if the rear was a little more sublte... may eventually go for a mix: find on S-Line that's been front-ended and swipe the rear bumper off it :)

Sides = no complaints at all, very subtle and classy.

Rear = only negative: sorry, I definitely prefer the slightly more slim-line S-Line look.

Yeah same here, thats why Im going for the s4 rear instead. I loved the rear at first but then gradually I started to come away from it.. The sides are spot on for me and the front is still a favourite but hopefully can source a otteinger front end if I can grab it cheap.Failing that, ill go with the reight front again....or Ive seen another made in the Us which is tickling my fancy!

so - back to this one: SMK-Tuning Audi A4 B6 "RS4" kit??

£375 inc delivery for the full kit... pretty sure the advert said "ready to prime and paint".

Personally I am not keen on that at all :ohmy:

And I think as J7USS says, you do get what you pay for and that price is maybe too cheap? Even a badly fitting Votex kit looks cheap and tacky IMO.

Try a search on ebay.de, I know it's a pain, but there are S-Line bumpers appear on there.

Ive just priced up a Otteinger Kit through a Link I found on Audizine and it came back.........£1640 Delivered...:scared2:, forget that..Quality counts but that price is with the $498 shipping and that aint to my door, thats to East mids airport for pick up!!!

nice call, James, thanks...

I'm just mulling things over, but every time I go back and look at an S-Line kit, then I decide that most of those aftermarket kits just aren't up to much - normally it's the rear where they try to do WAY too much....

I'm currently just trying to find a breakers somewhere that they have a B6 S-Line... at VERY least for the lower part of the rear bumper, quite possibly the whole lot, if I can find it!

To save you trawling through German ebay here is a couple that I bookmarked, I wish i had paid attention in GCSE German Lol:

Bumper 1

Bumper 2

I am going to leave this for now, with the crappy exchange rate and the amount I have already spent this year I am going to look for something cheaper and closer to hand.

hmmmm..... quick sweep on ebay.de....

S4 bumper

BUT, I think I would be better off with one of these S-Line lower spoilers: bidding starting at €1.... HERE

Which is just the lower front spoiler, but would probably give me most of the look that I'm after and slot in pretty easilly.... (if only they had it in that colour too!!!)

S-Linelowerspoilerf965_1.jpg

now I just need to find all the other pieces of trim:

Lower centre grill: €80 + delivery

Fog Light grills: €50 + delivery

I assume that my fog lights will fit into those grills.

Most of the stuff is availble from the one guy in Germany: Mani

Let's hope he can speak English, 'cos my German is shocking... and my other languages are all pretty ropey and far more suited to halting bar-side conversation than discussing the specifics of automotive parts and their delivery (French, Dutch, Russian and a smattering of drunken Spanish).

I'll give the Stafford Audi guys a bit of a chance to see what they can supply (they were advertising the ABT back and sides, so I'm hoping that they have the lot!).... suddenly a drive the length of England and back seems pretty much "okay"!!

ha ha - too late James....

Can I recommend: BABELFISH?

You can paste the http://www.ebay.de URL into the "translate site" section, SELECT GERMAN-ENGLISH and then just navigate... not sure if THIS LINK will work, but you can try it if you're REALLY lazy.

Only problem is that (certainly in Firefox), you can't search by text, so you normally have to navigate some of the way there and then drop the ebay.de store URL into Babelfish....

Seriously, I was the lazying sod on the planet when it came to my Russian homework!

fair point.... I probably started mine before you though ;)

I'll let people know if any of the Audi garages get back to me with prices, etc.... failing that, I might have to try a bit of eBayern....