Coil Pack replacement at Bristol Audi

Audi-do-dat

Reaction score
Need some help here guys,

Just bought an A4 1.8t cabriolet from a good friend for my wife, and on Wednesday one of the coil packs went. Bought a replacement from Bristol Audi without thinking about - problem solved.

Thought I'd do a bit of searching on here and I find that loads of people have had all four replaced before the car's 5th birthday free of charge - same thing happened on the VW beetle turbo the wife used to have, all four replaced no questions asked (but I'd completely forgotten about this as they did it as part of a service and told me afterwards).

Called Bristol Audi today basically expecting them to say, no problem bring the car in and we'll sort you out but oh no. Want to run a diagnostic (about £80) and then contact audi to discuss whether 'or not' they would be replaced as a gesture of good will. When I asked how that decision is made I was told 'Each case is decided on it's own merits' I asked 'well what do you take into account?' and she couldn't tell me. I then phoned Audi UK and got the same robotic response.

Has anyone had their coil packs replaced by Bristol Audi free of charge ?

The car isn't five years old until March.

Don't know if it's just me but I've never found Bristol Audi to be at all helpful.

I had 3 replaced on mine up to now! All been done FOC as mine is just coming up to being 4 years old. Last time Liverpool Audi tried to charge me until I kindly told the service lady that they should be done FOC as there is a 5 yr warranty on those parts because of the known problems. She went away and came back and said "Yes your right".

Sounds to me that the garages do try it on! So go back and try again but this time YOU tell them that there covered.

Hope you get a better responce... let us know how you get on.

I've tried to tell them that already but the 'official' line from both the stealers and Audi uk is 'let us diagnose (£)' then we'll think about it and you may or may not get your coil packs replaced and diagnostic charge refunded !? All based on some mysterious criteria that we can't/won't explain to you.

Both the dealer and Audi Uk both denied that the coil pack warrenty was extended to 5 years !!

The only thing I can say is try another garage.

I'm sure there is something on one of the forums with regards to Audi UK extending the warranty on them!

At least there only £22 each if you have to pay for them yourself. Good job you haven't got a V8 with double the amount of coil packs to change.

Maybe I'll try the one in Bath.

Knowing Bristol Audi, they'll probably charge me £80 to scan and then turn down my claim !! - :banghead:

might as well just buy another three coil packs

I know this is old stuff lads but your correct in saying bad things about Bristol Audi, i've had nothing but problems with them and now i always use Bath Audi as they seem to bend over backwards for you.