Bodywork repair: rear window frame?

Reaction score
I'm not even sure what this part of the window frame is called, but is it difficult to replace because it is the only external bit of wear and tear on the whole car!

Is it difficult to replace this section? If so, how much and from where?

audi-15feb09001.jpg

Similar on the offside window, but the driver's side is the most obvious.

its a trim piece and comes off quite easy mate (screwed on from the inside) so should be simple to get and change, try an audi OR vw dealer and get a price first, id call it "exterior window trim piece" lol

i have the same problem, if u do replace it or find a fix (like rocko suggested) please do let me know.

If you want some vinyl cut, PM me your address and Ill stick some in the post to you.

Just replied.

No charge for this, its such a small piece it wouldnt cost me anything.

ricko - thanks of the offer - I'll give my local VAG a try first, gonna try and keep this one completely OEM (unlike my Golf) if I can, but may well end up taking u up on the offer.

MRJHEETA - take some before and after snaps - keen to see what it looks like with the vinyl as that may be a lot easier than the VAG option.

Thanks guys - I'll let u know how I get on...

Mines also doing that, seems to be bubbling under the paintwork as I've got no chips or external damage to that piece. I'm sure this should be covered by Audi's 15 year corrosion warranty?

I tried warrenty with mine when I first got it couple yrs ago, they were having none of it, told me it wasnt part of the Car actual body!!!!!!Classed as an external part. As much as I moaned he basically told me they wouldnt be covering it under warrenty regardless but did give me advice and said I could always try VW as they might aknowledge it, I didnt bother, I got my Cuz to DA it down and spray it gloss black!

It works for some but not others, My mate managed to get his spoiler Redone on his V plate S4 so :wtf: !!

OEM part from the stealers.... £20 inc VAT or £40 + VAT per triangle... depending where you go....

Okay, I have the replacement part for the offending item:
Now, does anybody have any good "how to" guides on how to get to that screw/pin behind the chrome?

At the moment I don't even know if i'm attacking from the inside or outside.... I'm guessing the inside, but where??

For those of you who had forgotten what I was referrring to:
audi-15feb09001.jpg

i would imagine the bit of plastic trim on the same place inside the door will pop off letting you get to the screws?

I'll give it a try - I'm fine when I can see the screws and I know they'll go back in, but more nervous when there's clips that can be broken, etc...

edit:
I started trying to pop the inside trim off, and then decided to pop it down to the local garage instead and get some advice from one of the mechanics there who's been pretty helpful in the past with free advice on my Golf and he did say it's not the sort of thing he normally gets invovled in, but he thought it was a pretty big job and I was likely to damage the external trim across bottom of the window in replacing it.

Note - he was NOT looking to do the work himself - in fact he said I shoud just flog the parts, sand it down and repaint it...

hmmm... NOT the answer I was after.

I'll go and ask at the Audi garage where I bought the parts as I'm popping in there again tomorrow.