2005 A4 Facelift

porker968

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
Audi is close to finishing its family-wide facelift. Our world-exclusive photographs prove that Ingolstadt’s new company face will be grafted on to the A4 with this autumn’s facelift.

Dominated by the vertical shield grille first seen on the A8 W12 and A6, the new nose is a radical move away from today’s rounded styling. Styling at the back is new, too, with A3 Sportback-inspired ‘stepped’ rear lights. Insiders claim that every body panel is new.

Source & full article: AUTOCAR

1564412029.jpg
1564412214.jpg

Current A4 looks so much better than that. As again, if I wanted to buy an Alfa Romeo, I'll buy one. Why does Audi have to look just as ugly? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

- Yak

That vertical grille will hopefully put the resale value of the current A4 models up a bit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That is GROSS, if that is what the 2005 will look like then I might just have to buy another BMW.

Hi Ronzo,

The 330Ci is a great motor and that straight six is certainly better than the equivalent 3.0 v6 Audi engine. Why are you up for a change?

I made a similar a decision last year between the BMW
330Ci and a Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sport. My decision to go for the A4 in the end was purely 'family'. Rear passenger/boot space etc. Give me a couple of years and I may want to swap !

Apologies to my Audi side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

the new facelift reminds me of the new acura tl in the united states..... And speaking of bmw's, i would have to agree that 330xi or even the 325xi are very impressive cars. Bmw are known to manufacture great quality cars.. we actually own 3 bmw's and i'm the odd one in the family with the audi... i believe bmw's are superb cars, but there are bold lines between these two cars, depending on what you want and need... and price!!

The lights are taped up to make them look skinny and [censored], and the bumper and bottom grill have also been taped to try and disguise it too, to make it more like the current one. I think it will look like the the A3 sportback when it is released.

go for a 18T s-line multi, you will be pleased,
just sold my 330ci,found 3.0 audi not as much fun to drive
as 18T, its more chuckadle + tuneable

I like it. If it has the MMI and new instrument panel design (as stated in the news articles) then I think most here would agree that it will be worth taking a look at. That new A6 interior is damn nice!

Anyone got any more news on this thread?

Will the S4 be included?

According to issue 818 Auto express the launch has been brought forward by 12 months to November this year in order to spoli the release of the new BMW 3 series.The Audi will be on show at next months Paris motor show.Every panel apart from the roof has been changed the engine has been moved back 4 centimeteres and the suspension has been rewoked.I dont think it will spoil BMW party to much but P*** off a lot of Audi owners.

As an owner I realise things improve and change. Would the "P*** off" owners prefer not to have any progress? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Toon Flyer,

Any chance you can post the autoexpress article (as a re-print of course) and share it with us?