ENGINE MOUNTS

CMD

Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
I'm thinking of uprating my engine mounts.?
can this be done /has anybody done this to there b6 1.8t (54).
I done this mod to my Mk2 Golf gti back in the day

Also going over the issus of coil pack's for the B6 1.8t (****** thing's) get on my tit's ,changed two this year already .Can you
get uprated c/pack. Any help on these would be a great help.

Cheers CMD.

ask for the latest rev of coilpack from the dealer parts dept mate, I think they are better. There was a recall for these so they must have fixed the later ones.

You can get an APR snub mount for the front of the engine - dunno about the rest, some are hydraulic active mounts on some A4's I heard, not looked at mine yet but the slop when you lift off or accelerate in a lower gear is ****** annoying and I am told the snub mount will fix it good :)

i think 034 motorsport do some nice uprated engine mounts, but they arent cheap!

I have an APR snub on ours, but the main engine mounts are shot, and it still jumps around when you accellerate or lift off. The snub can only do so much!

I picked up some new mounts from ebay, just aint got round to fitting them. As with anything, the new mounts will support the engine far better than some that have been on there for 8 years and 100000 miles, so i'm hoping that will cure it.

i think 034 motorsport do some nice uprated engine mounts, but they arent cheap!

I have an APR snub on ours, but the main engine mounts are shot, and it still jumps around when you accellerate or lift off. The snub can only do so much!

I picked up some new mounts from ebay, just aint got round to fitting them. As with anything, the new mounts will support the engine far better than some that have been on there for 8 years and 100000 miles, so i'm hoping that will cure it.