Audi S4 Breakdown!

jassa

Reaction score
Hi

My Audi S4 Cab broke down yesterday, and unfortunately i dont have the vehicle manual on me!

I need to get it towed, but i cant seem to find the Towing Clip at the front! There is one at the rear of the vehicle, but cant seem to see anything at the front

As a side issue, the car seems to have developed an issue, whereby whenever i apply the brakes with force the ESP and the ABS(i think) lights flash up on the screen...

Any ideas?

The front towing eye is in the pastic box with the jack. You screw it into the hole which is behind a blanking plate in the front bumper.

DO NOT tow a quattro, you will need to have it winched onto the back of a full lift truck.

Yeah I heard this aswell, only way really to tow a 4wd is to disengage the rear drive from the front if I'm thinking correctly, so its running freely on is own or you get them to tow the car with the meaty bar that fits to the front axle that tows using all 4 wheels planted on road & in neutral, otherwise as suggested get it winched onto flat bed

From the B8 manual but I'm sure it'll be the same :

"Towing a vehicle with manual gearbox and
four-wheel drive​
Certain restrictions must be observed when towing your
vehicle.​
Please observe the notes​
⇒ page 295.
The vehicle can be towed with a towbar or towrope in the normal
way, with all four wheels on the ground. It can also be towed by a
breakdown truck, with the wheels lifted at either the front or rear.
When doing so, please note the following points:

•​
The vehicle must not be towed faster than 50 km/h.

• The vehicle must not be towed further than 50 km."

so i need the car to be lifted completely?? all 4 wheels off the road? dont normal tow's still require the back 2 wheels to be rolling?

ye but most cars are front wheel drive so rears rolling arent an issue & yours is 4wd so irrelevant

You need to either have it winched up onto a flatbed so it rolls onto the rear of the truck with all 4 wheels then taken to garage on truck or tow it with a towbar with all 4 wheels on ground or tow it with front or rears of ground at no faster than 50kmh & no further than 50km's, so you have 3 options, personally I'd use either 1 or 2 as tow trucks probably wouldnt adhere the limitations on speed/distance that well, your choice.