Door cards help!!!!

Lucky Ed

Reaction score
The lock on the passenger side of my 2005 A4 S-line cabriolet has jammed so I called out an auto electrician with VAG software and he tried to get the solenoids to fire but with no success so now it looks distinctly like I will have to cut open the door card so that the problem can be resolved but the door cards are hugely expensive from Audi.

I've come across a few on ebay and in breakers but they have all been part of complete interiors with no one willing to sell the door cards separately.

The door cards I'm looking for are in black leather with aluminium trim does any one know where I can get a second hand one from or can any one suggest a way of opening the doors.

At this point I am getting extremely aggravated so any assistance would be very much appreciated.
moz-screenshot.jpg

does the B6 use vacuum locking like the B5 or just electronic solenoids in each door?

If your going to chop the card up, it might be possible to leave the alloy trim and the leather insert intact, then transfer those bits onto a generic door card from a basic model?

I think they are vacum powerd so may be if you remove the kick panel and blow down the pipe to see if this will pop the lock.