Starting issue's

paul_a3_tdi130

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can help me out.

Got my A4 serviced on thursday, Cleaned it on saturday then never used it till this morning. Went to start it and it was just ticking over but wouldn't start? Fuel light was on but still said it had 40miles left.

After a cuppa tea i tried again and it finaly went, let it warm up and tried it again and now it's fine, went straight to the petrol station and filled it up.

Car is fine now but wondering what the problem might of been?

it's a 2003 tdi sport 130

Any suggestions guys

No mate imobiliser light was normal.

Battery seemed fine aswell as it was turning over loads, about 5 mins of keep trying

Could be a hit of the Cold weather, Dampness getting in somewhere where it shouldnt maybe!

I find that if I let my fuel get to 40 miles range or less then park it on a slope (engine pointing downwards) it is very difficult to start. Doesn't help when you have a sloping drive! Had to roll it off the drive many times when i have let the fuel get too low! :lazy:

I find that if I let my fuel get to 40 miles range or less then park it on a slope (engine pointing downwards) it is very difficult to start. Doesn't help when you have a sloping drive! Had to roll it off the drive many times when i have let the fuel get too low! :lazy:

I'm hoping this is exactly what the problem is. Car started first time this morning and never had a problem before