EM TuningBadger5
Results 1 to 33 of 33
  1. #1
    Niknak's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    864

    1.8t dual exhaust onto a 1.9tdi

    will a dual 1.8t exhaust fit a 1.9 tdi?
    Thanks
    Ian
    Last edited by Niknak; 1st February 2009 at 21:10.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Marc1's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    720
    It sure will as long as it's after the cat and you put a quattro exhaust on a quattro car and FWD exhaust on FWD car, you're good to go. I've done it, here's some pictures and info in another thread:-





    Remaped 1.9 TDI (130) and Exhaust

  4. #3
    Niknak's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    864
    How much did Awesome GTI charge you to change the exhaust over?
    Thanks
    Ian

  5. #4
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    That looks the business Marc
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  6. #5
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    salford gtr manchester
    Posts
    564
    hi do you know if this works on a b5 a4

  7. #6
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I don't think any B5's had twin exit exhausts did they? Not even the RS4. Having said that anything is possible
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  8. #7
    Marc1's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by Niknak View Post
    How much did Awesome GTI charge you to change the exhaust over?
    Thanks
    Ian
    Ian, they quoted me 1 hours labour to fit just the exhaust (50). However I forgot to bring the mounting bracket for the rear right hanger, so they had to fabricate one, then realine. Also had to mess about with my awkward parking sensors and remove the rear valance and fit the new one, so in the end it was over 3 hours (which cost me 200 + VAT)

    If you plan to do it, remember to buy the rear right heatshield and mounting bracket (unless you're quattro), then pick up an exhaust cheap on Ebay and you're good to go, once you've decided on your valance choice.

    Personally I'd fit it yourself provided you can get under the car sufficiently and safely. You just undo the jubilee clip after the cat and attach the new one. Shouldn't take too long really. It's the valance that takes a while, depending on whether you want to keep the old one in perfect shape.

    Sorry to bark on, give me a shout if you need any more info, I researched this pretty thoroughly before taking the plung. It's no Milltek obviously, but miles better then the standard hidden tips.

    Are you FWD or quattro?

  9. #8
    Marc1's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    That looks the business Marc
    Thanks James, it's been a while since the original thought but got there in the end. Sounds better at higher revs too.

  10. #9
    Marc1's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by yendall24 View Post
    hi do you know if this works on a b5 a4
    As James said - All the B5's were dual tips on the left IIRC.

    If you're wanting to put the B6 twin exhaust on the B5, I'd have a word with the B5 lot, to see if the rear mufflers and centre box will fit the chassis. You also need to make sure the pipe to the cat is in the same place. Could also ask around on Audizine.com.

    Personally, I'd just cut off the downturn pipes and get some nice straight dual tips welded on, keeping an OEM+ look to the B5. Cheaper and less risk.

    I've got some pictures of both the 1.8T B6 FWD and quattro exhausts though if you want to check to see if they 'look' about right fit wise. Give me a shout.

  11. #10
    docurley's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    UK, London, SE
    Posts
    3,841
    Well had you posted this two weeks ago I would have given you my old one when I fitted my Milltek.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

  12. #11
    Niknak's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    864
    Typical!

    Quote Originally Posted by docurley View Post
    Well had you posted this two weeks ago I would have given you my old one when I fitted my Milltek.

  13. #12
    Niknak's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    864
    Hmmm adds up doesn't it, mine is a FWD.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc1 View Post
    Ian, they quoted me 1 hours labour to fit just the exhaust (50). However I forgot to bring the mounting bracket for the rear right hanger, so they had to fabricate one, then realine. Also had to mess about with my awkward parking sensors and remove the rear valance and fit the new one, so in the end it was over 3 hours (which cost me 200 + VAT)

    If you plan to do it, remember to buy the rear right heatshield and mounting bracket (unless you're quattro), then pick up an exhaust cheap on Ebay and you're good to go, once you've decided on your valance choice.

    Personally I'd fit it yourself provided you can get under the car sufficiently and safely. You just undo the jubilee clip after the cat and attach the new one. Shouldn't take too long really. It's the valance that takes a while, depending on whether you want to keep the old one in perfect shape.

    Sorry to bark on, give me a shout if you need any more info, I researched this pretty thoroughly before taking the plung. It's no Milltek obviously, but miles better then the standard hidden tips.

    Are you FWD or quattro?

  14. #13
    Marc1's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by Niknak View Post
    Hmmm adds up doesn't it, mine is a FWD.
    Certainly does, however if you're patient you can get the exhausts for next to nothing on Ebay, so it helps make up for the extra elsewhere. Plus if you fit it yourself, you'll save on the labour so could be a pretty cheap mod in the end.

    Let us know how you get on, if you decide to go ahead with it.

  15. #14
    docurley's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    UK, London, SE
    Posts
    3,841
    Mine was quattro so dont beat your self up.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

  16. #15
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    @ Marc1

    Do you have any before pics of the rear before the replacement valance was fitted?

    Did you replace the whole lower rear valance, or just the centre black bit? On mine the whole lower rear valance would need to be changed.

    I really want to do this, but am so skint after my engine rebuild it will have to be done on a mega budget.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  17. #16
    no_idea's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    168
    You will have to replace the whole bottom half. The centre black piece is a sticker stuck on after painting.

  18. #17
    Niknak's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    864
    On the saloon its the whole of the rear bottom of the bumper, I got mine from Stafford Audi for 50.

  19. #18
    no_idea's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    168
    50 was a good price. Was that recent?
    I keep thinking about changing the lowers on my Avant to the s-line. I keep checking with Staffords' Ebay page but not seen any before.

  20. #19
    Niknak's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    864
    just before Christmas just need to have it painted now.

    If I was to get an original anyone know the product code?

  21. #20
    Marc1's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    @ Marc1

    Do you have any before pics of the rear before the replacement valance was fitted?

    Did you replace the whole lower rear valance, or just the centre black bit? On mine the whole lower rear valance would need to be changed.

    I really want to do this, but am so skint after my engine rebuild it will have to be done on a mega budget.
    Sorry James, I'd not seen this before - I've been busy trying to get to the bottom of my overboost issue Nothing obvious from what I can see, it's back at the tuners on Wednesday, so we'll see what happens. Anyway, back on subject:-

    As no_idea says, your existing bumper will be in two halves, the lower just clips on and you should be able to replaced it with the S line lower.

    Part numbers and dealership prices (from Aug-08):-
    Avant Valance - 8E9 807 521G GRU 134.66 inc vat
    Saloon Valance - 8E5 807 521 G GRU 137.28 inc VAT
    Black centre Decal - 8E9 807 800A - 16.96 inc vat

    Here's a before and after picture (a bit small, I can send you larger if you need any). I don't have one with the lower removed unfortunately.


    It'll be a nice mod for you as you only really need new tips for the look, I know you've had to fork out bigtime recently though - how is the new engine running in now BTW?


    Keep your eye's open on Ebay and Ebay.de. They do come up at varying prices. Might be as well to save a seach for salvage A4's too in case you can get one from a car like docurley's.
    Last edited by Marc1; 23rd February 2009 at 00:54.

  22. #21
    Niknak's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    864
    Does anyone know if this will fit mine?

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A4-Twin-R...1%7C240%3A1318

  23. #22
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc1 View Post
    As no_idea says, your existing bumper will be in two halves, the lower just clips on and you should be able to replaced it with the S line lower.

    Part numbers and dealership prices (from Aug-08):-
    Avant Valance - 8E9 807 521G GRU 134.66 inc vat
    Saloon Valance - 8E5 807 521 G GRU 137.28 inc VAT
    Black centre Decal - 8E9 807 800A - 16.96 inc vat

    Here's a before and after picture (a bit small, I can send you larger if you need any). I don't have one with the lower removed unfortunately.


    It'll be a nice mod for you as you only really need new tips for the look, I know you've had to fork out bigtime recently though - how is the new engine running in now BTW?


    Keep your eye's open on Ebay and Ebay.de. They do come up at varying prices. Might be as well to save a seach for salvage A4's too in case you can get one from a car like docurley's.
    Thanks Marc

    I had forgotten yours was an S-Line spec, mine is just the standard set-up, as per this pic:



    I have been keeping an eye on ebay uk but so far seen only complete bumpers. There is an S-Line valance on ebay.de currently at 72 euros, but tbh with the weak pound at the moment and postage/language difficulties it's probably as well to buy it in the UK. Unless a bargain crops up.

    Undoubtably the S-Line bumper looks better, do you have any pics of your front bumper? I don't want the front and rear to look mismatched, and can't stretch to a new front bumper too right now! Might be better to go for a normal twin exhaust set up from a standard 1.8T. Dunno really lol.

    I am getting somewhere with the new engine at last, will PM you
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  24. #23
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    EDIT: I think to fit an S-Line rear valance I would need to colour code it, along with the side sills and also the front lower bumper
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  25. #24
    Marc1's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by Niknak View Post
    Does anyone know if this will fit mine?

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A4-Twin-R...1%7C240%3A1318
    It will fit your car, but at that cost (even if it is 1/3 of the Audi new parts cost), I'd say it's too much money - You could have a customer stainless one done for about 350 I believe. Keep an eye in the classified section too and breakers. You'll find one cheaper on Ebay if you're patient - I missed two for half the cost of that one before I got mine. Still I'd like to know what size tips they are, they look bigger than standard B6 1.8T's.

  26. #25
    Marc1's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    EDIT: I think to fit an S-Line rear valance I would need to colour code it, along with the side sills and also the front lower bumper
    Yes good point mate. If it helps as a guide, I think the front lower is around 85 from a dealer, 1wheelonly did it with his previous car on a standard front bumper, so could offer advise perhaps. You'd also need new fog lights I believe, fog mesh and new lower middle grille as it's bigger than standard. Realistically I can't see painting the front, skirts and rear lower being any cheaper than 250 - 300 TBH. And once you'd done all that you'd want S Line or S4 door blades surely , if not the roof spoiler too - It would all add up.

  27. #26
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Yeah this is when it all starts to add up! And now isn't good time with what I have spent in the last few weeks!

    Does anyone have a picture of an S-Line front bumper? I could maybe just run with an S-Line rear bumper and standard front for a while, would make sense to get it all painted at the same time though

    Looking for a standard rear valance with the twin exits initially I think. Maybe.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  28. #27
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    @ NikNak

    Is this any good? (I'm not 100% it would fit so dont take my word for it!)

    LINKY
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  29. #28
    Niknak's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    864
    Already spotted thanks

  30. #29
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Niknak View Post
    Already spotted thanks
    Pleasure

    You going for the Milltek? Nice

    Have you decided what rear valence you want and where you're getting it from?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  31. #30
    Niknak's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    864
    I already have the valance got a deal from Stafford Audi a genuine dual exit valance for 50.00, just need to have it painted.

  32. #31
    Y 14RGE's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    95
    Hi All, I've just got my rear s-line spoiler off ebay - typical, this one has one exhaust cut out and my car is a TDI with no visable pipes. I want to get an OEM tail pipe to fill this gap so can i just clarify something:

    A rear back box from a fwd 1.8t will fit on my fwd tdi

    and

    Is it okey to use half a duel exit system from a 1.8T for my TDI ?

    Thanx all
    Revo'd, Tinted, RS4 Honeycomb Grill, ABT Front bumper, 9 x 19" Bentley Continental Alloys.

  33. #32
    Y 14RGE's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Yeah this is when it all starts to add up! And now isn't good time with what I have spent in the last few weeks!

    Does anyone have a picture of an S-Line front bumper? I could maybe just run with an S-Line rear bumper and standard front for a while, would make sense to get it all painted at the same time though

    Looking for a standard rear valance with the twin exits initially I think. Maybe.
    I was looking for the S-Line front for ages and ended up going for an ABT front spoiler from stafford audi (the nearest thing i could find and really good quality and fit), the lines are very similar and seems to match very well to the S-Line rear I just purchased.
    Revo'd, Tinted, RS4 Honeycomb Grill, ABT Front bumper, 9 x 19" Bentley Continental Alloys.

  34. #33
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 14RGE View Post
    I was looking for the S-Line front for ages and ended up going for an ABT front spoiler from stafford audi (the nearest thing i could find and really good quality and fit), the lines are very similar and seems to match very well to the S-Line rear I just purchased.
    Yeah it looks good from what I can see in the avatar. I just need to watch what I am spending and seem to be going from possibly a new rear valence to whole new Votex kit at this rate!
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO