Interior LED's + Thanks!

Tinners

Reaction score
First of all I'd like to say thanks for a great forum. I'm a new Audi owner and this site has already sorted a few problems out for me (mainly the old Coolant Temp Sensor / Thermostat issue that seems to be quite common!)

I'm looking to install LED lights in the interior (map / reading lights). I've ordered the following from autobulbsdirect.co.uk:

2 x 264 extreme power festoon bulbs 42mm
4 x 233 LED quad bulbs

Should these just 'drop' straight in? Or am I going to need to start wiring in resistors etc........ Also can I do the same with the boot and open door warning lights or again does this require a bit of soldering action.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tinners :sos:

Ref the interior ambient lights normally it's easier just to buy the parts direct (VAGparts used to sell them) and they are on ebay and they will just plug straight it.

Fitting guide here:

http://www.harddrive.plus.com/Documents/Ambient LED Install.pdf

I also adapted them to fit the rear interior lights:

http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=57496&highlight=rear+ambient+lights

Also can I do the same with the boot and open door warning lights or again does this require a bit of soldering action.

Not too sure what you mean .... Do you mean you want to fit the door and puddle lights? Try a search in this forum it has all been covered I think.

Apologies, wasn't clear initially. I'm just looking to change the bulbs from filament to LED bulbs in the map / reading lights.

As for the doors, I wasn't looking to do the puddle lights (just yet)........... I was meaning the lights on the ends of the doors (with the red filters on) that indicate when they're open.......... again just replacing the filament bulbs for LED ones.

Is it as simple as just swapping bulbs or is there more to it?

I want to do the door lights but cannot find any ref to these on here and how to do it anyone help me?

Tom

Apologies, wasn't clear initially. I'm just looking to change the bulbs from filament to LED bulbs in the map / reading lights.

Ah sorry i see what you mean now. Whats the benefit in doing that if you dont mind me asking?

Just so you get a clear crisp white light from them, rather than the yellowish glow from filament bulbs.

Great install thread on the rear ambient LED's by the way! Ordered another ambient unit today and will attempt this weekend!