Big prob flat battery + drivers lock ******** = no entry to my A4

-chris-

Reaction score
was sitting in my living room next thing i hear my alarm going off in the car so goes out and tries to open the car with the fob with no joy next thing the alarm goes off and stays off so next i try the key in the driver lock which i find the key only goes in half way and no further :wtf:i have never used the lock since i have had the car so this was the first time for me finding out there is something up with the lock:motz:. so the only thing i can get into is the boot and being a saloon i cant acess inside the car :( one thing i have noticed is if you leav e the car 10 mins the red led starts to flash again but as soon as you press the fob it goes back out :confused: is there anyway round getting into my car help please :(

press and hold the unlock button for a few seconds and if it doesnt unlock it will still put the windows down, you can reach inside then.

tried that mate still not working for some reason

is there anyway i can get the bonnet open other than inside the car? or is it going to be a case of the window being put in which i really hope dosent have to happen really stuck and not a clue what to do

Another thing maybe worth a try is pull the rear boot light out & try to backfeed it with a battery charger or jump pack.

This should be enough to power the cdl/alarm up, although obviously dont leave the boot open too long before you try it or else the convenience module may go to sleep & turn off feeds to the boot light.

Failing that, as Doc says feed it from underneath. Probably the starter motor would be the easiest to access to back feed it?

Worth a go & better than a bust window!!

Good luck

yer you should be able to get to the starter motor and carefully hook some jump leads onto it.

or failing that, splice a live into the feed to the central locking pump directly, which afaik is in the rear quarter panel.

Another thing maybe worth a try is pull the rear boot light out & try to backfeed it with a battery charger or jump pack.

This should be enough to power the cdl/alarm up, although obviously dont leave the boot open too long before you try it or else the convenience module may go to sleep & turn off feeds to the boot light.

Failing that, as Doc says feed it from underneath. Probably the starter motor would be the easiest to access to back feed it?

Worth a go & better than a bust window!!

Good luck

so how would i do this inside the boot take out the light glass remove the bulb and how would i attach the battery charger??

another thing that is getting me is that me led on the door is flashing but when i press my fob it goes off??? 10 mins later its flashing away like normal

I had the same thing with my car earlier this year, before I replaced my battery.

It was in my garage too - and a bit tight!

I just jacked up the drivers side slightly, enough to wriggle underneath with my jumper pack.

I attached the positive to my starter main feed (term. 30, perm. live) and the earth to the cylinder block. Got in ok that way.

cheers guys now sorted thankfully again thanks for all your help