Temperature sender sensor

kashiskash

Reaction score
I Have audi A4 19tdi sport (130)bhp 2003

The temperature gauge in the dash works intermitantly but more than often it dose'nt work at all.
I want to change the temperature sender sensor but I dont know where its located can anybody help please:lmfao:

I Have audi A4 19tdi sport (130)bhp 2003

The temperature gauge in the dash works intermitantly but more than often it dose'nt work at all.
I want to change the temperature sender sensor but I dont know where its located can anybody help please:lmfao:

It's a the back of the engine. Look for it from the drivers side right behind the block. You can see a connector with four leads coming from it. I did mine. Access is ok with some fiddling. No much coolant is lost but will require top up. JUst be careful with the plastic retaining clip and ensure a new seal.

Does your gauge return to off position, ie 50c every time? Mine didn't do that a turned out to be a dry joint in the cluster for the gauge. Try the sender first though. Good luck wih it.

The other possibility is the wiring to the plug in the engine bay. My bro's S4's guage has been rather sporadic, and its logging fault codes for the CTS, so we're replacing the sender, and the plug/wiring, just to be sure.

:blackrs4:just bought the original brand new tempereture sender from ebay for 11.95 + p&p
Its the green 4 pin plug one which the seller and euro car parts have confirmed it is the correct part
so I'll have a go at fitting it as soon as I have the time and post the outcome to you,se

thanks lads kashiskash