Changing headlights

devil666x

Reaction score
Ok guys sme advise before i start getting annoyed at myself.
im kind of a newbie but learnig slowly. i bout some H7 55 Watt 90% brightness lights. i replaced them but dont notice any different, but thing im concerned withs is, well i should have realised before i changed it, it was the full beam lights. what i want to know is did i change the wrong ones, are the connections on the normal headlights the same as the connections on the full beam lights? or did i buy the wrong ones? also, my original ones have some writing on them, but they dont have the percentage on them, they say 55watt H7.

There are two seperate bulbs on the B6 headlamp, both H7's, one for the main beam (the one nearest the centre with the visible bulb) and the dipped beam which is behind the ellipsoidal (fish eye) light unit.

The easiest way to upgrade the dipped beam is with an HID kit upgrade (try ebay) and buying a set of bulbs such as you have done for the mains. The connections on the back will of course be the same as the bulb's are the same!

Not too sure what you mean about the percentage reading....? The bulbs you have are H7 fitment and 55 watt which is the UK legal limit for bulb wattage. Various companies such as Phillips and Osram will sell uprated bulbs giving off "90% more light" or whatever, but all will still be 55w, although higher wattage bulbs are available.

Thank you mate thats made things clear. this means i have been duped then by the shop claiming that the 55w bulb they sold me was "90%" brighter :(.
I'll take the bulb off during the weekend and replace the old ones and will try these new ones on the main dipped beams. (not the one where you flash people with which is where i have them installed currently).