Dump Valve Again?

Ronniebiggs

Reaction score
Please can someone clarify some things for me.

I have changed my DV to the Forge recirculating and since I have done it I cant hear a thing anymore. The Dump valve doesnt even make the slightest noise. Is this normal? I replaced the old one so the side of the new dump valve points down into the solid tube that runs along the bottom of the car (I believe towards the intercooler) and the bottom of the new dump valve (ie the end opposite to the thin pipe end) is in the fluxible 1.5-2" pipe that goes towards the top side of the car.

Have I installed it correct? I have no check engine light coming on so assume its ok.

What airfilter is best? I was going to put a universal cone filter on the car but have read its not a good thing to do. Surely it would be a good idea if you did it with a shield to make the airfilter side sealed off from the engine side and have a lot of cold air pipes leading into it? Does anyone have any links. I have tried to broach this subject previously and havent had much response. Please help.

Andy

Sounds like you have fitted it correctly but maybe a Pic to be sure if you have one??? Aslong as you copied the same way your old one was then your fine

Your valve is recirc so you wont here anything unless you add a Induction which I wouldnt recommend anymore as mine started to drive poor on it and sounded horrible with a "ppshhhhhh" noise like an atmospheric dump valve - A No No on an Audi IMO!
Soon as I put my standard box back in, it drove how it used to again. I had a Full sheild around mine and just didnt seem to do its job.

If you really fancy one though then go for a foam Filter, they dont sound as raspy like K&N's - buty I suppose if thats what you want then go for it mate!!

If your Valve was atmospheric then you would hear it loud and clear but running recirc with standard filter/air box, you wont hear anything.

...nearly forgot, before you changed you Valve, are you saying it was loud???

That sounds fitted the wrong way !!!

The forge unit should be oriented the same as the oem unit you removed,also it will not b any noisier in operation than the old unit.Its designed to be a harder wearing more consistant DV than the OEM unit thats all

I think I fitted it the same way as the original one came off. It just has no sound at all. I would have expected to be able to hear it at least a little and I cant hear it at all. Is the way I described it fitted right?

The dump valve looks like its on its side when you look down on it from the top of the engine bay

my car is a 2002 with the 150bhp engine

The old valve before chipped was barely audible. When I chipped it to 190bhp it became noticeable from inside the car. Much louder than before but still not what I would call loud but you could hear it even with a std filter.

Andy