Remaped 1.9 TDI (130) and Exhaust

Marc1

Reaction score
Arrived at Awesome GTI in Manchester this morning for a 1.8T twin exhaust fitting (won from them on Ebay), replacement rear valance and a custom remap.

050120092799.jpg

Here's the results:-

050120092800-1.jpg

Ignore the fact there's no black decal above the exhaust exits yet to cover the scuff. Oh and the rubbish parking sensors (which reminds me, they don't work anymore, so I'll have to speak to Awesome about that). I might need to check the colour match on the valance once it's washed and take that up with the local guy I asked to spray it for me if it's not quite right.

I thought the tips would need polishing up, however they're actually matt black which I've never seen before and didn't realise this was an option, they also seem a little bigger than standard tips and protrude slightly more. I was also a little worried, incase the exhaust didn't fit for any reason, but all was well. ;)

Then on to the remap, where to Awesome's surprise the TDI 130 was pushing out 147BHP and 148BHP on it's first and second runs with 247lbs/ft of torque.

The figures have been pushed up to 177BHP and 333lbs/ft torque now. As you'll see from the Dyno graph, they've pretty much kept the same curves, whilst ironing out the flat spots and drops but have managed to keep the power for longer.

050120092809.jpg

The guy that did the map said there was alot more gains to be made, however the clutch would be likely to start sliping if it was increased anymore, so it was kept within the limits.

The drive home didn't feel very long (wonder why :think:). I was so impressed how it seemed to accelerate so much better than before and pulled incredibly well in each gear. Economy doesn't seem to have changed either.

All together it feels great, I just can't believe I hadn't done it sooner.

Also got a chance to check out the owners B6 1.8T with stage 3 and Hofelle RS4 front end. It's the first one I've seen up close with this kit and I know some people think it resembles a Volvo with the long bonnet extention, but it really did look pretty nice in the flesh. I think this was helped out by the full B7 RS4 leather buckets, 12 pot brakes and 19inch alloys - it had a crazy stance and 345BHP!

050120092796.jpg

050120092797.jpg

Impressive results there buddy, how much was the map if you dont mind me asking?

Cheers Tommy. The map was £375 plus VAT, which of course is not the cheapest. However I chose Awesome for their extensive history tuning VAG cars. They got rave reviews from the Seat and Skoda forums too. I'd also seen them used in some magazine articles, can't remember which but they seemed a safe choice all in all. :beerchug: