Tuning around Glasgow - Celtic or Revo?

Cam1177

Reaction score
Albeit i havent even got my car yet, I'm pretty sure that its getting remapped somepoint soon. Looking around the forum and tinternet i have found that A4Audi (Celtic Tuning) and Drivers (Revo) are the closest companies that offer a service in and around Glasgow. Or have i missed anyone?

Does anyone have any suggestions/recomendations/experience of both these companies and what i should be looking for. A quick check on their sites quote increases for 1.8T quattro (190) of: (Celtic) 230bhp/218lbft - (Revo) 225/245.

I would have said that Revo looks the better balanced of the two, but can anyone confirm or offer some thoughts?

Cheers Guys

Pop over and see Jim at Star, you won't regret it.

BUB :beerchug:

hi, i paid good money at a4audi to get a celtic remap done and have had the car RR 3 times and have had no gain whatsoever. andy is a good guy but never really showed any interest in resolving the problem. i contacted the guy's at celtic tuning who promised to get it looked into, but never did.

tbh, i have heard mixed reactions to jim at star, likewise, falkland have also had a mixed bag of results. this area is something i have a lot of experience in as i have many friends from different car clubs who have all had work done there.

if you need any advic e on tuning the cpu, i have a contact who writes the programs for the manufacturers and many motorsport companies.

hope this helps.
jason

hi, i paid good money at a4audi to get a celtic remap done and have had the car RR 3 times and have had no gain whatsoever. andy is a good guy but never really showed any interest in resolving the problem. i contacted the guy's at celtic tuning who promised to get it looked into, but never did.

tbh, i have heard mixed reactions to jim at star, likewise, falkland have also had a mixed bag of results. this area is something i have a lot of experience in as i have many friends from different car clubs who have all had work done there.

if you need any advic e on tuning the cpu, i have a contact who writes the programs for the manufacturers and many motorsport companies.

hope this helps.
jason

Sorry to hear about the bad experiences, but thanks for the advice. I'll send you a pm when i'm ready to look into it further. Cheers
Cameron

tbh, i have heard mixed reactions to jim at star

hope this helps.
jason

Interesting.

But the OP was asking about his 190 1.8t.

As I said he won't be disapointed. My car was remapped in July 2005 and hasn't missed a beat since. Back then nearly every tuner I called hadn't even heard of a 190 1.8t............

:beerchug: