EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Tuning around Glasgow - Celtic or Revo?

Albeit i havent even got my car yet, I'm pretty sure that its getting remapped somepoint soon. Looking around the forum and tinternet i have found that A4Audi (Celtic Tuning) and Drivers (Revo) are the closest companies that offer a service in and around Glasgow. Or have i missed anyone?

Does anyone have any suggestions/recomendations/experience of both these companies and what i should be looking for. A quick check on their sites quote increases for 1.8T quattro (190) of: (Celtic) 230bhp/218lbft - (Revo) 225/245.

I would have said that Revo looks the better balanced of the two, but can anyone confirm or offer some thoughts?

Cheers Guys

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Pop over and see Jim at Star, you won't regret it.

BUB
    A4 Avant S-Line quattro - Avus Silver/Silver Half Leather *240ps*346nm* - a few choice mods. Now Stared up ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    hi, i paid good money at a4audi to get a celtic remap done and have had the car RR 3 times and have had no gain whatsoever. andy is a good guy but never really showed any interest in resolving the problem. i contacted the guy's at celtic tuning who promised to get it looked into, but never did.

tbh, i have heard mixed reactions to jim at star, likewise, falkland have also had a mixed bag of results. this area is something i have a lot of experience in as i have many friends from different car clubs who have all had work done there.

if you need any advic e on tuning the cpu, i have a contact who writes the programs for the manufacturers and many motorsport companies.

hope this helps.
    jason
    wish i'd bought a beemer now....

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J45SON View Post
    hi, i paid good money at a4audi to get a celtic remap done and have had the car RR 3 times and have had no gain whatsoever. andy is a good guy but never really showed any interest in resolving the problem. i contacted the guy's at celtic tuning who promised to get it looked into, but never did.

tbh, i have heard mixed reactions to jim at star, likewise, falkland have also had a mixed bag of results. this area is something i have a lot of experience in as i have many friends from different car clubs who have all had work done there.

if you need any advic e on tuning the cpu, i have a contact who writes the programs for the manufacturers and many motorsport companies.

hope this helps.
    jason
    Sorry to hear about the bad experiences, but thanks for the advice. I'll send you a pm when i'm ready to look into it further. Cheers
    Cameron

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J45SON View Post

tbh, i have heard mixed reactions to jim at star

hope this helps.
    jason
    Interesting.

But the OP was asking about his 190 1.8t.

As I said he won't be disapointed. My car was remapped in July 2005 and hasn't missed a beat since. Back then nearly every tuner I called hadn't even heard of a 190 1.8t............

A4 Avant S-Line quattro - Avus Silver/Silver Half Leather *240ps*346nm* - a few choice mods. Now Stared up ;-)