Sky InsuranceEM Tuning

Thread: WILL THESE FIT?

2nd Gear

Status

WILL THESE FIT?

A friend of mine is selling some replica rs4 alloys which he currently has on his mk4 golf - will they fit my B6 A4? I think he said the pcp was 5x100 and 5x112? When looking at alloys what dimensions should I be looking for?

Also, should the 18'' alloys come with 225 or 235 tyres?
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro
    Black with a BIG wish list!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Matty A4 TDi Sport

Status
    as far as i am aware the a4 is 5x112. and the tyres should be no more then 225
    Audi A4 B6 1.9 TDi Sport 180bhp In Dolphin Grey. Kei Force 10 Wheels. VDO Boost Gauge. JE-design, ABT + Vortex Body styling. HID's, AP coilover suspension, turbo back exhaust with twin exit pipes RS4 style The Stealth look is well under way and not far from compleat

Status
    You need PCD 5x112 offset I think on the B6 is 45 although I think you can go to 35, Tyres can go to 235 or smaller.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

2nd Gear

Status
    great, thank you!
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

cabriolet

Status
    yes im running 225s on mine but i think alot of the s-line models and other guys on here run 235s no problem.
    mine do look stretched, 235 would be better
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

3rd Gear

Status
    The factory 18's are 8x18 with an offset of 43mm, a lot of the replicas have a 35mm offset which is fine. Tyres should be 235/40/18

A4 Avant S-Line quattro - Avus Silver/Silver Half Leather *240ps*346nm* - a few choice mods. Now Stared up ;-)

2nd Gear

Status
    43 - 35 OFFSET - That is a massive difference, what does the offset figure represent and what would be the visual difference between the above dimensions when fitted to the car.. I like the standard look so don't really want to entertain some odd fitting replicas... Or am I getting the wrong end og the stick?
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

On my 3rd A4! RS4 next???

Status
    I'm no expert but the offset is the distance between the mating face of the wheel and the centre line, so a wider wheel would need a different offset to give the same fit as standard. Usually a range of offset will fit.

Also the golf pcd for the studs is smaller than the a4 - so unless the wheels are multi drilled for different stud patterns they won't bolt up.

you could always offer up one of the fronts to test.

Chris

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiSport View Post
    43 - 35 OFFSET - That is a massive difference, what does the offset figure represent and what would be the visual difference between the above dimensions when fitted to the car.. I like the standard look so don't really want to entertain some odd fitting replicas... Or am I getting the wrong end og the stick?
    I would hardly say 8mm is massive!!!

Fitting the rep's would be the same as fitting 8mm spacers to standard wheels.

Standard 43mm offset..................

8mm spacer fitted (so 35mm offset)......................

It's about as far as you can go without looking like you've fitted some wheels from a lorry.

HTH

A4 Avant S-Line quattro - Avus Silver/Silver Half Leather *240ps*346nm* - a few choice mods. Now Stared up ;-)

2nd Gear

Status
    Now thats a really nice look - where did you get your spacers (should I find a set of OEM alloys)?

So the smaller the offset, the more the alloys come out from the car... Hmmmm, sometimes I wish I was more mechanically minded because that doesn't make sense to me!
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

Space Cowboy

Status
    An offset is a negative measurement - so if it wasnt there, the wheels would stick out 43mm (nearly 2 inches) past the arch lets say, so a negative "offset" of 43mm is applied by machining the mating face of the inside of the wheel "hub" so that it sits back under the arch. Does that make sense?
    B4 TDI - old skool project / daily driver...if it ain't broke, it's probably an Audi...

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiSport View Post
    Now thats a really nice look - where did you get your spacers (should I find a set of OEM alloys)?

So the smaller the offset, the more the alloys come out from the car... Hmmmm, sometimes I wish I was more mechanically minded because that doesn't make sense to me!
    It's quite simple really...........

The 8mm spacers were H&R ones. I'm using MTM 10mm ones now,from QST...

You'll be fine with the replicas, don't worry about trying to find some OE wheels.

HTH