WILL THESE FIT?

AudiSport

Reaction score
A friend of mine is selling some replica rs4 alloys which he currently has on his mk4 golf - will they fit my B6 A4? I think he said the pcp was 5x100 and 5x112? When looking at alloys what dimensions should I be looking for?

Also, should the 18'' alloys come with 225 or 235 tyres?

yes im running 225s on mine but i think alot of the s-line models and other guys on here run 235s no problem.
mine do look stretched, 235 would be better

The factory 18's are 8x18 with an offset of 43mm, a lot of the replicas have a 35mm offset which is fine. Tyres should be 235/40/18

:thumbsup:

43 - 35 OFFSET - That is a massive difference, what does the offset figure represent and what would be the visual difference between the above dimensions when fitted to the car.. I like the standard look so don't really want to entertain some odd fitting replicas... Or am I getting the wrong end og the stick?

I'm no expert but the offset is the distance between the mating face of the wheel and the centre line, so a wider wheel would need a different offset to give the same fit as standard. Usually a range of offset will fit.

Also the golf pcd for the studs is smaller than the a4 - so unless the wheels are multi drilled for different stud patterns they won't bolt up.

you could always offer up one of the fronts to test.

Chris

43 - 35 OFFSET - That is a massive difference, what does the offset figure represent and what would be the visual difference between the above dimensions when fitted to the car.. I like the standard look so don't really want to entertain some odd fitting replicas... Or am I getting the wrong end og the stick?

I would hardly say 8mm is massive!!!

Fitting the rep's would be the same as fitting 8mm spacers to standard wheels.

Standard 43mm offset..................
Before.sized.jpg

8mm spacer fitted (so 35mm offset)......................
8mm_Rear.sized.jpg

It's about as far as you can go without looking like you've fitted some wheels from a lorry.

HTH

:thumbsup:

Now thats a really nice look - where did you get your spacers (should I find a set of OEM alloys)?

So the smaller the offset, the more the alloys come out from the car... Hmmmm, sometimes I wish I was more mechanically minded because that doesn't make sense to me!

An offset is a negative measurement - so if it wasnt there, the wheels would stick out 43mm (nearly 2 inches) past the arch lets say, so a negative "offset" of 43mm is applied by machining the mating face of the inside of the wheel "hub" so that it sits back under the arch. Does that make sense?

Now thats a really nice look - where did you get your spacers (should I find a set of OEM alloys)?

So the smaller the offset, the more the alloys come out from the car... Hmmmm, sometimes I wish I was more mechanically minded because that doesn't make sense to me!

It's quite simple really...........
offset.gif

The 8mm spacers were H&R ones. I'm using MTM 10mm ones now,from QST...
KW_8.sized.jpg

You'll be fine with the replicas, don't worry about trying to find some OE wheels.

HTH:kissmyrings: