Audi a4 2001 glove box mounted cd changer

belton

Reaction score
Hello everybody.Thanks to my last posting i managed to get hold of s4 lower door flares and an s4 gear knob.As i mentioned before i spend an age trying to get hold of a company that stocked such items in the uk.I have another question that would be great if someone could once again help me out on.I would like to fit a glove box mounted 6 disc cd changer.My only problem is what is the make and model number of this item and how does it attach itself to the glovebox.Also i see there is a model the Sony cdx-t69 that im told by the shop it would work,but do i need a special lead for it.If any one could help that would be great. Cheers. John.

Cheers Scotty, i will check it out now. Regards.

I have just fitted a sony T70 in the standard glove box on my avant.
I had to take the glove box out and cut the back panel out (in the top right section only) and the changer slots in perfectly, it is such a snug fit that I didnt even need to attach any mounting screws.
I bought it from Halfords for £200 including adapter, could have probably got it cheaper online but it was a sunday and I wanted to fit it that day.
You need the autoleads adapter, it is plug and play and they stock these too.

One thing, I don't seem to be able to skip tracks or folders with a cd full of mp3 albumbs, but I have loads of mix mp3s which are 2 or 3 hours long that I had to split to put them on cds, so for that alone it is ideal.

You can use the standard glove box with the sony changer, and just slide it into the top right section.
You will need a new box to fit the audi changer.