Alarm Going off

Vorsprung_Durch_Technik

Reaction score
Hey folks

My S4 seems to have decided upon itself to set the alarm off for no apparant reason. It has happened three times through the night and eventually I locked it with the Key to prevent this from happening again. This seemed to work.

I noticed too that the LED on the drivers door, even when locked with the remote does not flash. Any ideas anyone? This is the first I hacve noticed this light not flashing, but I am pretty sure it is supposed to...

All comments greatly appreciated.

Stuart

i think the light not flashing means the alarm is not armed, which may be due to the car thinking a door is open or similar. Our B5 toots the horn once when you lock it to let you know its armed successfully, if a door is left open it doesnt toot, but still locks, then the alarm will arm (and toot) once you close the open door

I think if you hook up vagcom and read the codes out of the alarm module it will tell you what set it off, you can hopefully then narrow down your search to a faulty door contact switch or similar.

Funny you should mention door switches. The taigate is sometimes bad to close, maybe something going on there. Seems strange that if this light was off indicating the alarm is not armed, that it should go off anyway. However I will definately get the codes read. I was going to do this anyway but wasnt sure that it would have recorded what set it off.

Many thanks for your help. :)

Stuart :)

Thing is that if after a few minutes the tailgate "closes" the alarm will arm. Then if an hour later it "opens" again it will go off as it thinks someones broken in...