R8 style Headlights

docurley

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
hometown.aol.co.uk
Came across these on another forum and I have to say they look quite good.

img.jpg

picture.php

Link

They dont look that bad, however I'd suggest that you'd need to dismantle them and fit decent projectors. The projectors in most aftermarket headlamps are completely rubbish.

When i fitted facelift lamps to our B5, due to ebay nonsense we ended up with two valeos, one of which was broken, and a depo unit to replace the broken valeo. I googled around and found the beam pattern on the depo unit was so bad i ended up fitting the projector from the duff valeo unit into the depo housing, to ensure i had OE quality projectors.

And these depo units are amongst the "best" of the aftermarket parts...

I googled around and found the beam pattern on the depo unit was so bad i ended up fitting the projector from the duff valeo unit into the depo housing, to ensure i had OE quality projectors.

And these depo units are amongst the "best" of the aftermarket parts...

Depo are made in Taiwan and insurance approved. The quality is 'questionable' to say the least and TBH 'Christmas cracker' on most units.

I've seen quite a few units fail a beam test and returned to supplier.

Avoid them.

:beee:

exactly, as i say buying a depo unit wasnt intentional and thats why i took it apart and fitted the valeo projector.

My point was that if these are the best of the aftermarket parts, the non-approved parts must be downright atrocious!

will the b7 headlight fit onto the b6 car ... if u change the bonnet,wings and bumper?