10 Standard Speakers

HadesGrave

Reaction score
Hi

I've ordered an A4 and I want to upgrade the audio system, so I was wondering where the Hell the 10 speakers are located and is there a "kit" that i could purchase to replace all 10?

If you car is coming with the Bose system then you'll have issues with just replacing the speakers.

If it's the standard non-bose system then you may be able to just replace the mid-fronts and mid-rears.

There is a center channel speaker on the top of the dash. There are two small tweeters near the A-pillar on the door. There are two mid range speakers on the lower part of the front doors. There are two mid range speakers on the rear dash and the sub is located in the trunk on the boot cover. Also, I think there are two mid-ranges in the rear doors too, but I forget.

I know this is an old post, but I was wondering about my stereo, I get good solid sound from the front speakers (I have symphony stereo with 6cd changer in the dash) the rear lower speakers in the door are really poor and quiet, and there is nothing from the back shelf or boot. No quality volume or anything. When I turn the stereo on I can hear a relay click on from the back of the car, sounds like back shelf.

Could my subwoofer/rear speakers be poorly/disconnected?

I have adjusted the stereo fader to fully back, you can hear the back door speakers as the fronts go off, but in general use the back is a radio free zone!

Any advice or suggestions gladly received.

Andy

I know this is an old post, but I was wondering about my stereo, I get good solid sound from the front speakers (I have symphony stereo with 6cd changer in the dash) the rear lower speakers in the door are really poor and quiet, and there is nothing from the back shelf or boot. No quality volume or anything. When I turn the stereo on I can hear a relay click on from the back of the car, sounds like back shelf.

Could my subwoofer/rear speakers be poorly/disconnected?

I have adjusted the stereo fader to fully back, you can hear the back door speakers as the fronts go off, but in general use the back is a radio free zone!

Any advice or suggestions gladly received.

Andy