Newbie Needs Help: tires and radio

upinarms

Reaction score
Two quick questions. Our 00 A4 Turbo Quatro needs new tires, so which ones should I get that are reasonably priced and will do the car justice? We do live in snowy PA. 205-55-16 is the size. Also, the factory CD player is dead (radio works but not cd), and we were told to yank it and to replace it would cost $1000.
Any thoughts on fixing it or replacing it with something else that will work in synch with the onboard computer? Would appreciate your help since I am sure you guys know a ton more than we do. Thanks so much.

I have Dunlop Winter Sport M2 (I think the new generation is M3) for winter tires and Sumitomo HTRZ II for summer shoes.

If you want one shoe for all season, then the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S is a super and very popular choice; it will wear quite well, too.

There are other All-season tires: Continental ContiExtremeContact, Dunlop SP Sport 4000 A/S, Kumho Ecsta ASX, and Sumitomo HTR+

Do yourself a favor and buy seperate winter tires. I've used Pirelli, Dunlop, and various other brands of Winter tires in Michigan and I've never regreted it. Just beware that some Winter tires, like Blizzaks will turn to an all-season tire as soon as the top layer of tread is worn off (about 1/2 tread)...so sticking with a 100% winter tire is best.