Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Auto roof modules (kufatec) installation Q

I have just got an indoor / outdoor auto comfort roof modules for my cabby. (http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_i...8H-Cabrio.html)
    Unfortunately it came without instructions in english.... has anyone fitted these modules and has the instructions in English please. Dave

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Neutral

Status
    I'm really after one of these also.

What are the differences between the Kufatec and the other?

Will both lock the car and close the roof while you walk away?

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    The smartop module is more expensive than the Kufatec one. Kufatec do 2 versions of the module. One just enables opening and closing via the remote fob. And the other allows the roof to be opened and closed whilst driving too. It also allows the button inside the car to be one touch instead of having to hold it.
    The smartop is more expensive and requires removal of the rear interior panel by the back seat. It's got basically the same sort of features plus it's updatable via the Internet.

Personally all I wanted was to be able to open and close it whilst walking to and from the car. So I got the cheaper Kufatec version.

Hope this helps mate.
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    The Kufatec version is fitted behind the drivers door panel, much easier to get access to.
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dsande7 View Post
    I have just got an indoor / outdoor auto comfort roof modules for my cabby. (http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_i...8H-Cabrio.html)
    Unfortunately it came without instructions in english.... has anyone fitted these modules and has the instructions in English please. Dave
    They should be able to send you the instructions in English, if not I can send you a copy of mine.

Neutral

Status
    ah brilliant. all sounds great.

Neutral

Status
    Forgot to ask, i take it its an easy job to install?

I've had the door card off already to fix a rattle so that would take minutes to come off again.

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    It looked easy when I watched it being fitted. It connects to the loom in the door, about 6 wires from memory. Sure someone on here can fit it anyway.

Neutral

Status
    Ok thanks very much for your help, sounds like exactly what i'm after.

Hard to believe not standard in the first place!