Free MOT?

Ronniebiggs

Reaction score
Can anyone clear this one up for me before I go and make a complete foul out of myself.

I was just told by a mate that if you take any Audi into a Audi dealer they will MOT it for you for free! (Excluding any parts and work required if required)

Is this true?
Andy

I got a free MOT, at Preston Audi, but I had had car serviced there beforehand (about 6 months previous to the MOT).....you can only ask ;-)
...and I reckon the Audi Main Dealers are a lot more stringent than the local garage (only my opinion mind)

Thanks John Boy. Im sure my friend is right but just need to check. Im alittle apprehensive to go as they will obviously be expensive to repair defects etc.

Andy

Sounds like a deal Audi may offer on their "Approved Used cars" scheme or similar.

Just check that it's not a requirement for any work required to be undertaken there, an MoT is only £47 or thereabouts.

Yes you have to have the work done there or get the vehicle back to them within 24hours to qualify for a free retest. So that's how they'll get you, no free MOT is going to pass your vehicle with no work needed. Better to pay your £53.10 and not need any work.