Can anyone help me out? Need a locking wheel nut socket.

Slinger

Reaction score
The lovely chaps at my local tyre centre have managed to ****** up my locking wheel nut socket by using it on their air drill :applaus: and I cant get my wheels off now. Ive telephoned my local Audi centre but they want between £10 to £35 for a replacement :wtf: and Im not prepared to pay that ridiulous amount just for a socket!

Im just wondering if anyone has a spare or one they no longer need that they would be willing to sell to me, its code Y?

many thanks.

Ive got the one that came with the car but there are no codes on it. Its got about 20 teeth

please see my post on this im having a nitemare i have just bought a new key today at a cost of £20 i have code Q on my adaptor

Mine has ABC 7 stamped on the top

Has the tyre centre admitted their fault? If so then get them to replace the nuts.

I had a similar problem a couple of months back. I'd had the car serviced and they'd overtightened the wheel nuts. I could shift the normal ones but the locking nuts were slightly rounded off. They managed to get them off eventually with their air wrench and they replaced them with a set of McGuards.

I agree with macduff, Get them to sort it, after all they ******** it!

I cant prove it though and I certainly cant be bothered argueing the case with them. My local Audi dealer has ordered one for me and said he would charge me £26 for it.