Best 1.8T (150) chip provider?

AndymacA4

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting my 2001 1.8T SE tuned up with a simple stage 1 chip tune.

Anyone got one? If so, by who? and how has it affected driveability, performance, economy etc?

Ta

Andy

Andy,

I had a map done by Midland VW who are agents for Custom Code and I am very pleased with it.

Although mine is a different spec (originally 190bhp) I'm sure they'd do just as good a map for your car.

The main advantage of Custom Code is it maintains the smooth drive through the revs where some maps have loads of power low down then fade at high revs.

My friend used to own a Leon Cupra R and that had an APR map from Awsome GTI which was also very smooth.

Have tried revo in the past - found it fast but no where near as smooth so would recommend either of the above.

Stu

our software is as smooth or as aggressive as you want it! that's the whole point in variable switching! you decide how much boost you want and you decide how much timing you want!

So, the maps used can also affect the power delivery full spectrum, not just top end power. I'm looking for good power as my 150 is a bit gutless, but not all lumpy!

I have a 150 bhp 1.8T Sport like yourself and I had vehicle enhancement services chip mine using superchips upto just under 190bhp. I noticed a massive difference and im really pleased. Lots more boost. It feels like a turbo car now. Before you didnt really notice the turbo.

Andy