AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

Front discs and pads

Hi guys, does anyone have a link or a step by step guide as to how to change the front discs and pads on my 2003 quattro? Just got a set of Brembo discs and pagid pads for it and dont want to faffing about too much considering the lovely weather outside!

any help much appreciated

Dougie

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    http://www.audiworld.com/tech/wheel.html

How much were your parts?

5th Gear

Status
    And where did u get the parts? Was it Euro Car Parts by any chance?

1st Gear

Status
    Hi guys, sorry for taking ages to reply,

Thanks for the links coyote , Ive been out and got one side done, starting to get a bit cold and wet so I will do the other side over the next couple of days.

I got the stuff from GSF car parts (glasgow branch) I have the 312mm brakes, I got the brembo discs for 39.55 each +VAT and the pagid road pads for 38.60 +VAT.

Not too bad I dont think, audi wanted 126.00 for the discs alone, all in all it came to about 130.00

Dougie

1st Gear

Status
    My brake pads and disks definately need replacing in the next week or two and I have been getting prices from everywhere. My standard brakes have been rubish! How do you find the 312mm disk upgrade?

Ive been keeping my eye out for a set of S4 brakes but they never seem to come up in good condition at a price i'm willing to pay

1st Gear

Status

Thumbs up

I have had my brake pad low level indicator light on for months now!
    I've only done the drivers side so far but when i took the pad off it split from the back of the pad!!! There should be a big difference in the brakes just with that alone.

I phoned my local Audi dealer to confirm what size discs my car was meant to have, and it has the 312mm, so its not really been an upgrade for me. Not sure how bog a difference there would be between that and the smaller discs. Is it possible to use the bigger disc with the calipers that you already have?

I guess your best bet for a good set of RS4 brakes is going to be an insurance right off. I remember getting a set of brand new, new-age Subaru discs and calipers for a few hundred quid, as I had a friend who had a contact at prodrive, it was brand new cars that were getting their brakes updated as part of the PPP as far as I can remember, would be handy if you could find somewhere that was maybe upgrading brand new RS4 cars and had this kind of stuff lying about.