Front Anti Roll Bar linkage rubber mounting

JohnboyC

Reaction score
Had the Audi MOT'd today at Preston Audi ....

It passed the MoT (hooray) but they have advised "that that both nearside and offside Front Anti Roll Bar linkage rubber mounting have deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement" and have advised approx £140 to fix.

So questions to you fellow Audi owners are

1) Is it easy to replace the said rubber mounts - if so anyone got a step by step guide with pictures or point me to the relevant website

2) Can I fit more robust/harder rubber mounts (are the RS4 ones beefier rubber?)

3) Suggestions where I get the rubber mounts from....

4) Any other suggestions...i.e. can I replace the front Anti Roll Bar with the RS4 one (like I have already done at the rear) or is the RS4 one the same as on my A4 2.5 TDi Quattro Sport Avant ?

Cheers

IIRC the front anti roll bar is the same across the range? The rear rollbar is different and I can highly recommend fitting the RS4 rear ARB.

For the front, I assume you mean the small linkages? In which case I've replaced both on mine, cost about £30 each side IIRC, you need to put both sides on axle stands to release the pressure from the bar and then it wasn't that difficult.

Neil - not sure - I have quoted "that that both nearside and offside Front Anti Roll Bar linkage rubber mounting have deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement" Audi main dealer techno speak/babble....I will have to have a look myself.....and don't mind getting my hands dirty....