Newbie with A4 needing help/advice

paul_a3_tdi130

Reaction score
Hi guys recently bought an A4 tdi sport on a 53 plate has full S-Line kit was told it is an s-line but audi didn't badge them as an s-line at this age? any truth in this?

if it is true any advice where i can get the s-line badges for side rub strips and grill?

I have a few little plans like silver wing mirrors and tinted windows but my first priorty is some new alloys, currently have 17'' start alloys but wanting 19'' new style RS4's just need advice on exact fitments ill need?

Also anybody with 19'' alloys what does your car feel like and would you advise me to get 19s or 18s? i mainly do motorway cruising so don't want it to be to bumpy

Anyway any help please

Congratulations on the new purchase :hi:

I understand that some of the later B6 models were badged S-Line almost as a run out model. Hopefully Bubstar will answer for you as he has more knowledge in this than I do. Try Vagparts.com or ebay for the badges.

18 or 19" wheels is purely subjective, and everyone will give you a different opinion of which to go for. Try a search on here for wheel size opinions! If you do a lot of motorway driving the the 19"s may suffer more from tramlining. Sizewise they are 5 x 112 PCD with an offset of 42 or 43 usually. OEM RS4 wheels may not fit as well as replica ones as your car won't have the flared arches of the RS4.

:sign_pics:

as quattro said, badges easily got off ebay cheap enough.
gen rs4 alloys dont think will fit, plus cant imagine how much they are, but there are plenty of very good reps out there.
as for size, i have 18" on mine now and there perfect and after reading many threads on here about 19" it seems to be a mixed bag but i will be going 19" next when tyres are due.
you also mentioned getting mirrors,make sure you get oem ones as there are alot of copies about and i got stung with a set which bubbled up after a couple of months so i ended up getting oem ones but well worth it. in my opinion go with the matt ones rather than the chrome. these are also available at vagparts and ebay, ebay being the cheaper.

good luck with the car mate and welcome.

Hi guys recently bought an A4 tdi sport on a 53 plate has full S-Line kit was told it is an s-line but audi didn't badge them as an s-line at this age? any truth in this?

Anyway any help please

S-Line B6 A4's were 1.8t 190ps ONLY. March - September 2004.

So your TDi isn't an S-Line, sorry.

The only S-Line badges on my car are the two on the rear door mouldings and steering wheel. B6 S-Lines never had grille badges, except if they're quattros ;)

You'll need some sill plates too ;)

Bubs_S_Line_7.sized.jpg

Bubs_S_Line_4.sized.jpg

Paul
I have matt wing mirrors they look quality really set the car off i am looking into upgrading my 17" alloys at the moment been offered lots at many prices but i have found some RS6 5 spoke 18" with Falken tyres for £570 which i think im going to get,they can do the same wheels with budget tyres for £450 i need to find out the tyre sizesand i think i will go for it

Can anyone help me on tyre sizes at the moment i have 235/45R17 Y rated what should i be looking for on the 18" wheels?

redspudder

you will need 225/40x18 or 235/40x18.
alot of people run the 235 which do come standard on s-lines etc.
although the nearest radius match from your 17" is the 225.
im running the 225 with no probs but they do seemed more stretched on the walls and not as flat faced as the 235 which offer better kerb protection.

Cheers for the help guys just a few more questions

Do any A4 saloons have rear wipers?

Also wanting to be able to see my MPG etc anybody in the north east able to do this?

I bought the above wheels of ebay for £300 all tyres are good and only a few curb marks will try and get some pictures at the weekend once it's clean