Limp mode - help?

ickleric

Reaction score
Car went into what i assume was limp mode today whilst on the motorway. Drove it home ASAP about a mile. The EML was flashing and beeping at me. So i have just ran a VAG-COM scan and the only things it has flagged up is the following. Now the ABS no fault found always shows up, also the secondary air injection has been on before, but i fixed a split pipe and it went away. It however did return about 2 weeks ago, i was going to replace the whole pipe this time.

Any ideas what it could be? Is it just because of the secondary air injection system? I wouldn't have thought that would put it in limp mode? Do i need to get it checked out by a garage?

-------------------------
Address 01: engine
Component: 1.8L R4/5VT 0004
Coding: 11501
Shop #: WSC 63351
WAUZZZ8EZ1A061386 AUZ6Z0A0082872
3 faults found
16795 - Secondary Air Injection System - Incorrect flow detected
P0411 - 35-00 - -
16684 - Shareware version - To decode all DTCS
P0300 - 35-00 - - Please Register/Activate
16685 - Shareware version - To decode all DTCS
P0301 - 35-00 - - Please Register/Activate
Readiness: 0000 0000
-------------------------
Address 03:
ABS/ESP Front D1320
Coding: 04275
Shop #: WSC 06435
No fault found

just replaced the dodgy pipe for the secondary air injection system, reset the battery to clear any errors. took it round the block and the engine management light is still flashing, and the car is really rough and jittery. when idling its really rough too. Is that limp mode or not???

after reading loads of forums the coil pack seemed the most likely suspect. Even though VAG-COM didn't report it. After some checks i worked out one of the coil packs had gone. So £30 later i have fitted a new coil pack and all is working again.

Cheers.

glad its ok now mate, that was a weird one eh? I would have thought the ecu would record a misfire for the faulty cylinder.

yeah that confused me, but i found a test someone that said if you have the engine running and disconnect the coil pack one at a time and see if the engine tries to cut out, if it does its working.

ah yeah like the old plug lead trick, except you dont need pliers and rubber gloves as long as you disconnect the low voltage connector to the coilpack lol