Next Project

docurley

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
hometown.aol.co.uk
Well after the sad demise of my old B5 A4 RS4 look Saloon I will be looking to buy a B6 Quattro 1.8T (S Line prefer) and a Salvage/stolen recovered is high on my list.

Why you ask well I'm looking to do the B7 RS4 conversion which will mean the car will be undergoing some major surgery so the above will fit the shopping list fine.

So if you here of any please let me know as I'm sure the insurance money should not be too long away after they see the car.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=61550

I will only be next door plus I will pop in evey time I log in I mean it's my home. Look at it when you moved out of you Mums home you aways go back.

Something along that line.

Already looking forward to seeing the "new" doc mobile.....if its anything like the A4 it will be awesome!

Already looking forward to seeing the "new" doc mobile.....if its anything like the A4 it will be awesome!

I'll second that! I'm sure you will come back better and stronger from this.

I will only be next door plus I will pop in evey time I log in I mean it's my home. Look at it when you moved out of you Mums home you aways go back.

Something along that line.

true... wish you all the luck in the world mate

good luck with new project

what about a diesel - some pretty good engines out there?

Well I want to do engine mods plus I know very little about Diesels so the 1.8T will have to be the way just need that insurance money then hide all the parts because the other half is dead agaist me doing another project right now so I will have to stash the parts:sly:

Well I think I may have found the base car which seems quite high spec and low mileage and £3500.

Tell me what you think.

DSC01573JPG.jpg

DSC01572JPG.jpg

DSC01571JPG.jpg

DSC01570JPG.jpg

Model: AUDI A4
Colour: Silver
Trans Speed: 6 Speed
Trans Type: Manual
Body Shape: Saloon
Trim: 1.8 T(190) SPORT
CC: 1781
Reg Year: 2004
Mileage: 33,286
Engine Type: Turbocharged
Fuel Type: Petrol
Damage Description: LIGHT FRONT + SCREEN

Doesnt sound too bad there Doc.
Are you planning on changing the Kit at all??
I dont think you should go for a B6 though, it'll put us all to shame judging by your last project!!;)

either way its not going to cost you alot to get it back in shape, will be cheaper than buying one right now.

I say Game on!!!:icon_thumright:

Looks good Doc...

Oh and also good luck with your new project, I know it will defo be worth the wait and effort to see the finished project.

I will need to get this done fast due to no car but then I may by a cheap run around for the time being.

The body work is being completly changed so I will have a load of panels up for grabs very soon if I get this car.

DDDDOOOOOOOOO EEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!

Looks like a good base car, especially as you looking to swap out so many parts anyway

Hey Doc, No doubt you'll be going for the B6 Wide arch kit then, Looks the Nuts!!
Just try and hold down your excitement mate and take your time, dont want you cutting corners!ha

Hey Doc, No doubt you'll be going for the B6 Wide arch kit then, Looks the Nuts!!
Just try and hold down your excitement mate and take your time, dont want you cutting corners!ha

I will be doing the B7 RS4 conversion so there will be corners being cut if you get my pun.

I knew it, the Audizine Guys will be loving it especially.Seems like they would go homeless for a conversion.
Well cant wait to see this baby. Will you be borrowing that guys truck to lift an Rs4 or are you preparing to spend spend spend!;)

I knew it, the Audizine Guys will be loving it especially.Seems like they would go homeless for a conversion.
Well cant wait to see this baby. Will you be borrowing that guys truck to lift an Rs4 or are you preparing to spend spend spend!;)

That put a smile on my face but the Audizine guys spotted something I over looked........ It's not Quattro:crying: it was perfect otherwise.

Aye, a B7 RS4 Outlaw ain't cool as FWD.

*****, That is a shame too!
Let the hunt continue..
Im sure you'll find one easy enough.

Il keep an eye out!

Surely a B6 S4 crash damaged or even a B7 RS4 might be a good price at the moment. I've seen a couple of B6 S4s damage repairable make absolutely nothing in a couple of salvage auctions. Even seen a couple of S6s make pennies

Andy

I dont want the running cost of a S4 but I have found another but with 80k on the clock it only a CAT D so would only requrie MOT TAX and insurance oh and a mirror.

1224846450-1001.jpg

1224846450-1005.jpg

1224846450-1002.jpg

1224846450-1001.jpg

1224846450-1005.jpg

1224846450-1002.jpg

She's mine all mine £3880.74 plus VAT and £250 Salvage fees + £270 delivered :rockwoot:

turns out she’s a 190bhp S-line Quattro with half leather "YES" thought she was just the 1.8TQ £10k for just under £5k I'm happy:sex: Can you tell

someone smiling on yer today huh doc

Nice one dude, sounds like things are looking up hey :)

Let the games begin!!!

so does the insurance reflect at all the parts you upgraded old one with?

Insurance have not paid out yet can take 4-6 weeks to sort out.

I intend to move a lot of the parts from the B5 to the B6 like the RS4 brakes and hubs and Turbo and anthing else I can find that I can move.

sorry maybe I should have been clearer, do you expect the payout to reflect the parts you upgraded or are you saying most of the upgraded parts except wheels are still on car as I have to admit I didnt read every single post as kinda said fair bit on the images you 1st listed fella.

What are the implications of buying a car thats been registered as a CAT D? Apart from any repair work that is required, does it simply come down to the fact that they are more expensive to insure and can present a problem when selling on, due to the stigma attached?

N

The Cat system is very odd. Goes a bit like this

Cat 'A' Total Burn out - crushed
Cat 'B, To be stripped of parts & then crushed
Cat 'C' Repairs exceed pre accident value
Cat 'D' Means it was a constructive total loss & repairs did not exceed its pre accident value.

Essentially a Cat D will have been the repairs will have been above or close to the insurers threshold. For example, for Direct Line they use 70% as threshold. If the repair bill is lower than this, it is repaired, if not it is a write off.

Cat Ds can be reintroduced to use, they need a version of an enhanced MoT test and a new V5 which states there write off status.

I recently had a 1999 Alfa 156 Selespeed written off after a minor bump as the cost of parts, fitting and paint was £1600, the car was worth £2000. It was written off. A good independent repairer would have done it for about £500! Thats the way the cookie crumbles.

I would have no problem buying a Cat D, but the price would take a big hit. In these difficult times look for a different car with no Cat at all. There are some proper bargains about.

Congrats Doc, now its time to play. When you geting it delivered? bet you cant wait to get started eh.... how you gonna do it without the mrs on your case??

turns out she’s a 190bhp S-line Quattro with half leather "YES" thought she was just the 1.8TQ £10k for just under £5k I'm happy:sex: Can you tell

I could've told you that when I first saw it :anorak: :laugh:

Nice car you've found there but why was it a CAT D?

We have just put a whole side on a 2003 2.0 Avant and the total wasn't more than £2500. :think: I guess it must've failed a geo' because the rear wheel looks like it's taken quite a hit.

Good luck with the car, I'm sure you'll love it.

BUB :beerchug:

but I have found another but with 80k on the clock it only a CAT D so would only requrie MOT TAX and insurance oh and a mirror.

nice one thats a bargain i hope, your mirror is here
linky

Well after the sad demise of my old B5 A4 RS4 look Saloon I will be looking to buy a B6 Quattro 1.8T (S Line prefer) and a Salvage/stolen recovered is high on my list.

Why you ask well I'm looking to do the B7 RS4 conversion which will mean the car will be undergoing some major surgery so the above will fit the shopping list fine.

So if you here of any please let me know as I'm sure the insurance money should not be too long away after they see the car.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=61550

Dave, you're crazy.

...You're also admirable, a legend, a beacon in fact.

(I'm sure we could have a whip-round and just buy you a B7 RS4 if you wanted a rest though?)

take it you'll be investing in a tracker?

Tracker stickers would probably be as much/better use bud, much more economical too :)

...then hide all the parts because the other half is dead agaist me doing another project right now so I will have to stash the parts:sly:

:lmfao: :salute:

I would have no problem buying a Cat D, but the price would take a big hit. In these difficult times look for a different car with no Cat at all. There are some proper bargains about.

Are you crazy man!?! You have to be more careful what you say. I thought we were on the brink of another argument about whether decat will get an extra 0.394834825bhp out of your remap over a sports-cat!

...Anyway, back on topic - keep us posted doc - we're all rootin' for ya!

Regards,

Rob.