Autoglym High Gloss Finish (gold label)

redspudder

Sparky
Reaction score
Has anyone used this product?i bought some autoglym resin (red label)the other day to polish the car and it suggested using the sealant afterwards so i purchased them both, after polishing the car was looking excellent i then put on the sealant as described in long up and down motions using sparingly and buffed off after about 40mins says 30-60 on the bottle,it went to a crusty white before i buffed off,gave it a good buffing and the car was and still looks exceptional during the day but yesterday morning and this morning the car was very wet/damp on the outside as the due is setting on it at this time of year and you can see all the lines from the sealant where i have gone up and down on the car (not white marks but the areas that has had the sealant on)is this normal?
I usually use the meguiars 3 stage polish and wax but thought id try this for a change but im worried about these "lines"that have appeared have i not buffed off correctly? not sure but i did give it a good buffing with micro fibre cloth
:uhm:
cheers

I've used the Autoglym stuff before, and not been that impressed. In essence, I think that it tends to get used because of the marketing to the sheeple. Personally, I wouldn't go back to it, as it tends to 'work off' pretty quickly.

The same can be said for the Autoglym LIFESHINE which is marketed by Audi at some extortionate price as an aftermarket paint protection plan. I think that it was offered to me at £295!!

Anyway, the best way to go is to ask the kind fellows at Polished Bliss on the Detailing forum. I bought abot £150 worth of products, and got some fantastic personalised advice.

Depending on the colour of your car (mine is silver) working on it with a clay bar and some Jeffs Werkstatt (Prime. Glos) after using a proper shampoo and Menzerna polish, the shine and gloss is still there 5 weeks afterwards. I even got a comment today about the car!

In terms of your issue, It wlook as though uneven application of the polish may have caused your problem, but you may have had a few issues with the state of the paintwork before you applied the product. What was the air temp like when you applied it?

The autoglym sealant is particularly prone to temp change, and also if not buffed off with considerable force, it tends to cloud the paint I find. It might be worth investing in a low fricton clay and spray to strip the residue and start again with a NON Autoglym product!!

I could never get the finish i really wanted with autoglym sealant. Tried the Megs wet look stuff and WOW :happy::happy: Brilliant red looks ****** brilliant

I think as an all round product AG Super Resin is hard to beat.

Top with a good carnauba paste and you won't go far wrong.

What are you using to buff off with? A good micro fibre is a must!

DSCF1829.jpg

DSCF1819.jpg

DSCF1852.jpg

DSCF1845.jpg

:sign_plug:

BUB :beerchug:

I always use SRP and finish it off with Super Gloss Protection which is very easy to both apply and buff off. My only real criticism is it doesn't seem to last very long, but the shine from the extra gloss is brilliant I think. I have recently bought some High Definition wax which again is very easy to apply, it's main bonus being that it works with water unlike the normal polishes, so the tell tale water runs you always get are never a problem.

HD wax gives a better shine than SRP and if I want a real gloss to it then I will whip a quick coat of SGP over the top which takes mere minutes (excluding drying time). First impressions of HD wax are that it lasts longer too, but time will tell with that.

Cheers Fella's
I used a micro fibre to put it on and buffed of with a meguiars terry toweling,the temp was around 14oC and didnt change much so i cant say that is an issue i seemed to give it a good buf but i may be wrong im now concerned by the "lines"that have ben left but you say the resin doesn't last that long so hopefully will come off sooner rather than later,im a bit put off by clay products not sure if i trust myself to use them!
Ill take a look on the forum and see if i can get some advice

once again cheers
Andy

i must say though it has been raining allday and ive just got in the car to come home from work and the water is just beading off the car not settling on it at all this seems to be a catch 22!

Cheers Fella's
I used a micro fibre to put it on and buffed of with a meguiars terry toweling,

Andy

I'd use some cotton stockinette to apply. Remove with it too but just use it as a first removal stage and finish with a plush microfibre.

BUB :thumbsup:

Don't be scared of clay barring. i used megs quick clay last month for the first time and was amazed by the results. Car feels smooth to touch. Do one panel then run your fingers over an old one and you'll be amazed.

So easy to use, just use loads of lubricant. Probably best to buy extra as the bottle that comes in the kit is small. Use megs quick detailing spray.

I got it all from polished bliss. Helpful guys that know their stuff.

Search you tube for vids showing how easy clay is to use. It's what persuaded me to try it.

Final tip- if u do use clay, put an old sheet on the ground where u are working. If u drop the clay on normal tarmac it has to be binned!

Another tip for clay, keep it in hot water, hot as you can handle to keep it soft and pliable. Also, AG SRP if full of fillers. Its ok for the short term but unless maintained they will just wash out.