AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Just put a deposit on this baby!!

hi all,
    just put a deposit down on a 2002 a4 saloon 1.9tdi 130 sport. just a quick question what kit is this on the car? also i have been told the full leather is quite rare in this model? is this a load of bull?

thanks alot alan

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi alan and welcome along..nice car the kit is a factory kit not sure on the name but i have the same one minus the tailpipes. do ya mind me asking are there cut out's for the pipes or are they through the mesh??? Also not to sure on the leather i think it be a optional extra.. hope this helps
    Vorsprung durch Technik

Reverse Gear

Status
    havent got the car yet mate and cant remember noticing i will let you know when i get it thanks

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    Leather is generally an option at around 1,700+ on the majority of A4's.
    The exception normally is on S4/RS4 maybe?
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

A pint of Diesel please!

Status
    Doesn't that have an armrest? I thought they were standard? Looks good though, I love that red colour.
    LISTEN TO THE Bluehorses THEY ROCK!

1st Gear

Status
    That is a Votex Kit made by Audi as an accessory. The rear bumper is for a TDi (hidden pipes as OEM), and someone has either put a new exhaust on it or just tips and cut a hole in the mesh.

Armrests not standard in Sports, maybe on SE's it was... Not an expensive retrofit though...

It's got aluminium window trims which were an option too, or at least came with some other option!

Looks clean inside!

Chas
    A4 2004 - 1.8TQ Limited Edition, 6 spd, Recaro Interior
    Mods - RNS-e (MK2); Rear Screens; PS2; AMI; Cruise; DIS; 18" RS6s; Carbonio CAI; Milltek CAT; Milltek CAT back Exhaust; Shark Stage 2 ReMap; RS4 RARB; HIDS; Auto Dim Rear View; RS4 Pedals, Gear Stick & Handbrake; Forge DV; Black Optics; Retro Fit Black Headlining; Retro Fit Power Folding Mirrors
    Mods to come - Memory seats; rear electric windows

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Nice colour !

Roof spoiler aswell, Looks nice.
    Someone has gone on a mad-un with the silicone inside eh!
    Id say there has been cut outs for the exhausts as mentioned the TDi's usually dont have the exhaust cut outs. First one ive seen with cut outs aswell.

cut outs................cut outs.....

cut outs...
    Thought id just say it a few more times.ha

Any plans or keeping it as it is.

Reverse Gear

Status
    the interior doesnt look that shiny in real life lol just the flash i think. as for any modifications, i will put my touch on it but what as of yet i havent decided. i would like to drop the ride height some more but it will just be to impractical as i a have numerous ramps to go over on a daily basis. the car is mint the only thing annoyin me a bit is the red and blue temp buttons on the climate control are worn but ill sort sumthing out with them.
    i have been driven a ford sierra cosworth replica for the last 6 months and was averaging around 19mpg so lookin forward to the 40+ ill get now lol.
    first on the list is to get it detailed. it is clean at the minute but has minor swirls that need to go lol.
    ps j7uss im lovin the black roof thing looks awesome.

Reverse Gear

Status
    forgot to say where would be the best place to get a leather armrest? have been lookin on ebay and they going for around 160 pound is that cheap/dear.

this is the first audi and diesel i have ever owned so lookin forwad to being pleased lol

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Try VagParts (google it) mate, they are usually pretty good on price.

Yeah I was going to say I bet it was your flash. My Cam actually makes my car look voilet sometimes.Keep saying I gotta get a decent one!

I'd love to drop mine 30mm but like you, I have too many obstacles to tackle including my driveway.

The roof was an test to see what it would look like with the whole new look (alloys/mirrors etc) and pleased it went well together.Still got to get the grill blackened and inside the headlights!

Anyway back to yours, It looks mint, the detail will really stand it out from the crowd, the red when its swirl free looks stunning. I gave mine full respray few months ago but now have the odd swirl, Unavoidable..

You could be lucky and pick a 2nd hand climate controller up if the buttons bug you that bad, would you get away with a little artistic touch up..??

Get yourself a remap and im sure you'll be even more pleased.
    Good stuff

Reverse Gear

Status
    ill sort somethin out with the buttons just bein picky, as for the remap, i have sort of been there down that with the whole engine tuning and goin quick lol i want a nice big cruiser now without to much black reek pouring out the back lol. a sensible remap might be on the cards but i think ill be happy with it at the minute.
    first thing i have to do is get the bloody car home lol should have before end of week hopefully.
    ill get lots more pics up with a decent camera when i get it home.

4th Gear

Status
    looks good and is a nice colour. A temporary fix for the climate buttons is black permanent marker, it just hides the white a bit..

2003 Silver A2 1.4 TDi - 65mpg & 30 a year to tax - ;-)
    2003 Atlas Grey A4 2.0 S-line - gone
    2000 Goodwood Green S6 4.2 V8 - gone

4th Gear

Status
    Leather was a 1200 option as I took it on mine. So much more practical with kids.

Nice looking car although I'm not a fan of the rear screen trim and the mudflaps look awful. If you want flaps then get a genuine set from Vagparts

cabriolet

Status
    if your thinking of putting the rns-e satnav screen in her then it might be an idea to look for a climate control unit that sits in the lower position,although they can be cut down.
    armrest are only 140 from the stealer.
    when i remapped my old 19tdi i got alot better mpg.

nice car mate lovely colour.
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Yes agreed, nice car! A couple of bits to do on it to sort it out as have been pointed out to you!!
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

IT CANT RAIN ALL THE TIME

Status
    Nice car m8! I say that as mine is same colour and has same bodykit! LOL. Only two things wrong mudflaps and the bmw fin thing .............wrong....wrong...wrong!
    Audi A4 2.0 sport, My mind is telling me no, but my body, my body is telling me yes!

Neutral

Status
    nice. the rear exhausts have been added. but it looks like someone has just cut through the vents. You can buy just those small sections of the rear bumper that has a proper cut out that comes up and over the exhausts like on the petrol variants.

http://www.autobahnstyling.com/produ....asp?prodID=20

Does it have the buttons on the end of the indicator stalk? that'll be the computer that shows you your mpg etc. some earlier ones don't have it.

I beleive the kit was a 3500quid option at the dealerships.

Definately get a remap. it makes the car so much more driveable don't see it as just performance tuning!

I'd be interested to know what mileage/age/price the car was.... Always wonder what mines worth....

enjoy it.
    2002 1.8t se, leather, concert, gmbh kit, 19" RS6, 210bhp Tophtechnik remap

Reverse Gear

Status
    exhausts are cut outs not proper mesh. mudflaps will be coming off, roof fin will be staying as it doesntbother me enough to remove it and risk damaging paint.

as to the buttons on the c/controller would this be a direct swap? and is there much fitting to it? if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=110296423644

Reverse Gear

Status
    forgot to mention car has 91000miles 2002 new timing belt fitted 12000miles ago, Fsh, nearly years mot/tax can be described as mint condition. brand new alloys and tyres. cost me 7800. this price might not reflect that of the prices of uk mainland as im in northern ireland car prices can vary greatly. this is the first a4 i seen in n.i. with leather, tdi that is, for sale.

cabriolet

Status
    climate control swapping is easy mate, just pull it,slides forward, undo the plugs.
    revesre method for fitting new,simple.
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!