Has anyone put larger wheels on a 1.6 A4?

sixsr

Reaction score
I've got an A4 1.6 SE, its an ok for driving about in - it'll never win any races, but it gets us there eventually.

Its currently on the standard 16" alloys, I'm thinking of upgrading them with something bigger. I had 18" RS6 replicas on which weighed considerably more than the originals and this was a stretch too far for the little engine. At the same time the car developed an ignition problem which further zapped the power away. Before this was diagnosed I took the wheels of and sold them, its fixed now and its running fine.

So, basically I'm looking for some advice.

I think I'd rather go for OEM wheels as I'd of thought they'd be lighter - is this the case? would I be better to go for 17's or should 18's be ok?

Thanks!

IMO you probably did a good thing by getting those reps off they have been done to death anyway!!:) . It depends on how much you want to pay? Maybe try 17's and if you havent already, get a decent drop over em. I'm sure some of the guys on here can tell you how light their alloys are then just take a look at their photo's to see what they look like, nice an easy way to make a decision!!! As I still have the original 15" alloys on my 2.0 I cant comment, its about time I looked into it too. LOL