Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    Controversial & Contradictive

Status

Front suspension bushes

Just had an MOT, it passed, but it has come back with an advisory note that the front suspension bushes are getting a bit soft. Does anyone know what is involved in replacing these? How many are there? Is it worth getting up-rated bushes. Is there anything alse that needs looking at whilst this work is being done?
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    I'm just doing mine on my B5, see B5 thread:
    Suspension arms

It's not an easy job, and seems to be worthwhile doing the whole lot at the same time as it's pretty labour intensive, and I was fed up with a different bush needing replaced every year so decided on the whole kit. The seperate arms can be as much as 60 each or you can just buy the bushes but then you have the additional struggle of fitting them to the old arms. Most people buy the complete arm with new bolts as the old ones are likely to get trashed on removal.
    On the B5 there are 6 either side, I'd imagine the B6 is similar.
    Consensus seems to be stick with rubber as poly bushes don't seem to get good reviews and don't seem to last any longer either which is strange.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner