Help!:knowing a real A4 1.8t quatro variant

smokeweed

Reaction score
Hello dude , need some help in knowing a real A4 ,1.8 quattro and turbo charged.

im planning to get this 1997 Audi A4 , the owner said it is a quattro , because i have seen an quattro emblem on the back of the A4 , this is a Manual transmission A4 , and also owner said it is turbo charged releasing 205hp , but we open the hood all i can see is a V5 number on the engine cover and the Audi logo. ,NO turbo wordings ,

Additional info : mags are stock at 16 inch, maroon color , kindly help me to check if im buying a good honest 1.8t ,qualltrro A4

kindly email me westlink26@yahoo.com

Thanks!

well all u need to look for is a rear axel near the rear wheels. the axel indicates that the rear wheels actually do push. and for the turbo, u can look down in the engine bay to see if u see a turbo or intercooler. the intercooler should be hidden to the right when facing the car. its a small box that looks to be mesh. and if my memory serves me correctly, the v5 should indicate the 5 valve engine..it should be a turbo...but u can never be too sure. so to be sure, take the vin number( found under the front windsheild) and send that to carfax.com....that site should give you most of the information you need. good luck!