WHICH BRAKED PADS

1wheelonly

cabriolet
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
warning lights has just come on to replace front brakes.
do i stick with the oem pads or does anyone suggest an alternative.
if so where from & how much ( must have sensors on )
thanks

Replaced my pads and discs the other month. Went for OE pads and discs as I was happy with the performance of them before. Did the same on my Octavia vRS

I changed my rear pads about 2 months ago. I was also thinking which pads should I buy! I was quoted £45.00 from Audi but in the end I bought some Mintex ones off e-bay for £20.00 delivered. I know there only the rear ones but they seem reallly good and don't give off hardly any dust. I will certainly buy the same for the front when they need doing.

Have a Look at your pads, You'll be amazed how much you have left on them!

I went for OEM to, cant remember the cost though.

cheers pjmspeedy
ive been looking at them but you never know what there like until its too late,glad to here there ok,ill have a look.

J7USS i cant believe how much is left,which is why im not rushing out to get new this week.
it seems a bit of a con to me,surely theres a good 1000 miles at least left on them.
been looking at the mintex like speedy suggested,what you reckon.

Yep! Ive heard some doing another 2k before changing them. Gotta be at least a 3rd left on them and like you say its a ****** con!

Who else is going to pay the Audi Tech's wages..:notme:

out of interest, how much do main dealers charge to get brakes changed all round?

mine squeak and the brakes are fine i been told it just the wrong material. also, when i brake i can hear a knock. everytime i brake from above 10mph.

Who else is going to pay the Audi Tech's wages..:notme:

not me J7USS, fu*k em :box:
im going the mintex route i think.
they must do more brakepads than audi has ever seen and supply everyone,
lets face it they probably supply audi somewhere down the line.

out of interest, how much do main dealers charge to get brakes changed all round?
mine squeak and the brakes are fine i been told it just the wrong material. also, when i brake i can hear a knock. everytime i brake from above 10mph.

I think Glasgow Audi wanted roughly £245 for changing the front brakes of my S4 when it failed the MOT. Told them where to go and did it myself.

Incidently they wanted £215 for a new front tyre and £45 to change the number plate bulb.....!!!

Originally Posted by devil666x
mine squeak and the brakes are fine i been told it just the wrong material. also, when i brake i can hear a knock. everytime i brake from above 10mph.[/quote]

Devil666x - Who told you that it was the wrong material ? I've never heard that one before! To stop the squeaking rub some copper grease on the back of the pads. It's worked every time for me :thumbsup: .

Originally Posted by devil666x

Devil666x - Who told you that it was the wrong material ? I've never heard that one before! To stop the squeaking rub some copper grease on the back of the pads. It's worked every time for me :thumbsup: .[/quote]

seriously? i was told by quick fit. cheers mate! will try that. think its just the front.

...them cowboys, I never use Kwik-Thick. Full of ****** (mostly) who dont know the difference between a Spanner and a Screwdriver!
Hate the ****** rip offs..

Wasn't happy with my OE brakes and was looking at EBC. I'd heard EBC woes but I'd decided on them after a few good reviews. 7k on them so far and have found them far better than OE. More response from cold and work well when pushed. I got the discs too. I would by them again for sure!