How to get at rear bulbs?!

ianburtney

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how to get at the rear lights to replace the bulbs - why the heck isn't there a simple removable panel behind each light? Dont see why I should need to go to the dealer for something which should be simple!

I asked the same question about 3weeks ago and received no replies! Very helpful.

My right Brake light went out. Checked the manual and they said take it to Dealer. As I had already dealt with dismantling the trunk liner once already installing my Body Kit, I thought I would let them deal with it this time as it is covered under Warranty. They took care of it yesterday and told me it is simple to do oneself. There is a circular plug inside the trunk by each light. Pop this and you will see a nut you can reach with a socket. Remove this and the whole light comes off.

I'm not sure what year of car you ahve but for my 99.5 (driver side i have to just remove the Tools/jack and then the bulbs are all in its holster, remove holster and replace bulb.
For the passanger, the sound proof liners is pre cut to allow you to move it a little to get at the holster on that side and do the same thing youdid on the left to the right. hope that helps