Vehical mileage check

devil666x

Reaction score
Bought my 1.9tdi about a month ago, drives good and not had any major problems.

Only thing that alarmed me was that i went to this website http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/ and checked the MOT.

On the site my odometer reading comes up at 157000 odd miles at the last inspection.

I have the MOT certificate here and it reads 87000 odd miles.

Also have a HPI certificate that says that there are no mileage discrepencies when i told them when i bought the car at 92k miles.

Just bit concerned now. what would you guys advise?

If the other MOT certificates are from different garages & show a clear picture of the mileage increasing every year then i'd say the website data is wrong. Also, your service book & any receipts you've got should tally with the MOT certificates. Could be worthwhile calling them & asking them about it as the data would be best if it was correct!

If you have Vagcom or know someone who has it plug it in and see what that says as I know this tells you the mileage of the car however I'm not 100% certain as I'm still new to using it! If it reads the mileage from the engine or it displays whatever the dashboard is saying.

On the other hand, When was the last service done at an Audi Dealership ? because you can ring them up and give them your reg plate and they will tell you the mileage of when they last had the vehicle.

Does sound a bit fishy though! Hope it's just a typo error for you.