Chris NottEM Tuning
    Liskeard Classic Cars

Status

different engine 163 v 190?

Hello Everyone
    Like all newbies I am going to be a pain in the ar*e for a couple of weks but does anyone know if there are any mechanical differences between the 2 engines or is it all ECU and cam variations? My last car was an Alfa 156 2.0litre selespeed and the audi feels gutless by comparison so I am already looking at performance mods!
    Alibob

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status

Re: different engine 163 v 190?

I also have a 163 and like you, I am a bit disappointed with the performance. I don't know if yours is a new car but I have been assured that this engine takes at least 10,000 miles to fully loosen and give its best. Luckily, I am a high milage driver and only have another 5,000 miles (5 weeks!!) to go. We shall see but I am not convinced that the gains can be as dramatic as I am hoping for.

Turning to the differences between the two engines, I beleiev that it is more than just a chip job. The 190 has a K04 Turbo, which is bigger than the K03sport turbo that is fitted in the 163. I am unsure if there are any other differences but bigger injectors and different intercooler would be my first guesses.

A4T
    Reverse Gear

Status

Guys,

I have a 163 and was also disappointed with the performance so I popped down to REVO. 10minutes work and hey presto 220bhp!
    Needless to say, the performance isn't disapponting anymore!

Reverse Gear

Status

220 BHP from a 163bhp just chipping? That is an impressive increase. Has it been confirmed on a RR or is that what Revo claim?

Either way, what difference does it make to the feel of the car, ie from the lights, in-gear acceleration, etc?

Cheers

Neutral

Status

is revo only available in the uk?