service

chris a4 128

04 A4 1.8t 190 S-Line
Reaction score
Hi guys, My 1.8t is saying it is ready for service. What type of service would this be? What parts would need replacing? If any? Would you also bother with getting dump valves?

Hi guys, My 1.8t is saying it is ready for service. What type of service would this be? What parts would need replacing? If any? Would you also bother with getting dump valves?

Your service book will answer these questions for you! As for dump valves, there's arguements for & against them with amazing stats prooving their worth! I tend to think its a load of nonsense and its a pointless device that makes a noise when you come off boost. If they were any good you'd have them fitted or as an option from the factory imo!!

your cars already got a bosch dump valve as standard and the only thing you can do is allow the noise to be heard outside, or not. In high boost remapped cars the standard dv may not be strong enough and leak boost, thats the only valid reason for replacing it with an uprated one. If yours is holding boost then fitting an expensive uprated one will make no difference whatsoever mate.

CHRIS A4 mines done 59000 just had mine done yesterday at stafford audi for £91.00 oil, oil filter, pollen filter, checks, top ups, dis reset and book stamped. ( £79.00 without the pollen filter) its advertised as a bronze service.
well happy,would highly recommend stafford audi.
found it on ebay as a audi bronze service, rang them as i didnt believe the price and they confirmed it, so did several guys on here ( thanks guys )
bought the pollen filter seperately but the service guy slung t in for me whilst he did the service.
i will put an air filter in myself this week.:yahoo:

Just booked my 2.5tdi Cab into Bolton Audi for a AVS2 service. I've done 26,700miles, and they quoted me £336.80. I rang Stafford Audi and they said they'd do it for £260! I can't believe how much of a difference there is. I rang Bolton Audi this morning and told them this. They said the price they had given me was already discounted, and that they couldn't understand how Stafford Audi could offer it so cheap. They said the best they could do for me was £300, so I took it because it would cost me £30ish in fuel to get from Bolton to Stafford and back anyway.

Changing the standard dump valve on both my Octy and cabriolet made a great difference to it holding boost on full throttle right the way round the revs.
Original ones are well known to fail on remapped cars as often the internal springs cannot cope with the higher boost pressure.

Aftermarket ones are not cheap, but its worth scanning ebay etc as a few do come along for good prices (Forge 007 or Bailey).

As for 59000 miles, how old is it ? it might need a cambelt doing very soon too (along with pulleys and water pump) and a coolant and brake fluid change !

This is often the problem with cars on variable mileage servicing - its difficult to know when to have some stuff done...

Mines just gone over 4.5 years old with 63k and I've just had the whole lot done to make sure (hopefully) that failures are kept to a minimum !

Andy

thanks for the info on that one 1wheel. ill give them a bell.

4 years, hmm, you might want to look at cambelt being done, its such a hard one to advise on though !