induction kit

mrjheeta

Reaction score
hello all,

i went to te local gsf and spoke to them about induction kits, i knwo what i wanted and was told it would fit, bought a pipercross (i has one of these on my b5 a4 and loved the sound it made so i thought id go for one of these again), anyway, two weeks later, it arrived (a week late i may add)... this morning i decide i am going to fit it, all excited and that, but all to my dismay! it didnt fit, it was way to small for the filter housing, so i had to put my car back togehter and am now on the lookout for another induction kit...

so my question to u guys is, what is the best induction kit i cud go for? any experiences with some compared to others, which ones are u guys using?

soz for the rant but i was slgithly annoyed earlier...

any suggestions wud be greatful!

thanks.

Are you sure that they sent you the right kit ? Goto Pipercross's website and check the part numbers.
I have got a green cotton one on mine and I used to have the Carbonio one on my Octy which sounded lovely.

I have a K&N, usually use Piper but couldnt find a fitment for mine, all im going to do now is find the nearest sized piper cone and repalce my K&N. K&N aint too bad but sound too raspy at times, the piper as you know sounds alot more smoother, not so throaty and pur's low!!

Whichever you use make sure you protect it from engine heat and fit a decent cold air feed or it will be a complete waste of time.

andyccr, yeah they have sent me the correct kit, its for a b5 a4, i dont think pipercross make a kit for the b6 as j7uss said. your green cotten filter, how does that sound? i've never really liked the sound of a k&n so im trying to stay away from them...

james0808, can you reccommend any cold air feeds?

thanks for your help guys, i appreciate it!