Chris NottSky Insurance
    Shuddup Foooool!!

Status

Talking Boost Gauge is in...

Thought id share a few pics with you on my "start" of interior mods.
    Boost gauge and pod fitted!!!

Needs turning a tad...

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    full tank and only 285 miles juss !! boost guage looks good. what psi are you boosting at mate ?
    EBONY PEARL 2003 1.8T SPORT GMBH 190 AVANT 19" GALLARDO,S S4 SILVER SILK NAPPA HEATED RECARO,S MATT ALI MIRRORS,O.CT INTAKE PIPE, B7 DTM VOTEX SKIRTS, HYPERBOOST HX DIVERTER VALVE, RS4 DOORCARDS+TRIGGERS, AUTO-DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR, RS4 BRUSHED ALI TRIM, RS4 START BUTTON, PIPERCROSS PANEL FILTER, RIEGER INFINITY FRONT BUMPER:: NOW REMAP,D TO 240 ISH BHP OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    I know, its terrible Jase, I filled up 60.00 @ 121.9p ltr of Vpower!
    Id just filled aswell so the miles left have adjusted to 320mls now...

I havnt really had a chance to see exactly what Im boosting at but I know when I floored it I got to 16 psi.

What sort of figure are we 1.8t's supposed to be giving, do you know??

Space Cowboy

Status
    i read that its 7 to 11 psi depending on oem spec, i.e. 130, 150, 163, 190 etc etc with the ko3 turbo, and that it will be safe up to 17psi but no more. A few yanks on audiforum have blown the motor at 21/22 psi.....lol
    B4 TDI - old skool project / daily driver...if it ain't broke, it's probably an Audi...

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Cheers scots, I was gonna PM you actually about it because I knew you'd know. Sorted then, looks like its doing what it should.

Them Yanks are greedy when it comes to Boost, ive read a few threads about them fiddling with the boost on there standards. Forget that, wouldnt risk it.

The Yank with the turbo Kit has forced me to lose interest so Ive now decided its K04-15 upgrade instead, looking at TIP's now and sourcing the Injectors then its upgrade time, hopefully before my hols in Sept.

One of the lads on my street had his boost turned up on his Golf 1.8t a while back, still going strong and my Gosh its quick with its map.

Im not into the force feeding therefore ill leave mine at what its at for now then get this upgrade sorted!!!
    Last edited by J7USS; 27th July 2008 at 12:14.

4th Gear

Status
    TIP,s are expensive juss, unless ya find an O.CT one for 12 quid on ebay brand new. ill be getting a k04-15 sometime when i get round to it
    EBONY PEARL 2003 1.8T SPORT GMBH 190 AVANT 19" GALLARDO,S S4 SILVER SILK NAPPA HEATED RECARO,S MATT ALI MIRRORS,O.CT INTAKE PIPE, B7 DTM VOTEX SKIRTS, HYPERBOOST HX DIVERTER VALVE, RS4 DOORCARDS+TRIGGERS, AUTO-DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR, RS4 BRUSHED ALI TRIM, RS4 START BUTTON, PIPERCROSS PANEL FILTER, RIEGER INFINITY FRONT BUMPER:: NOW REMAP,D TO 240 ISH BHP OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE

Matty A4 TDi Sport

Status
    Hi, J7USS. i am thinking of getting a boost gauge for my a4 130 tdi. i like your set up, could you tell me where you got it from please? And is it easy to install?
    regards matt
    Audi A4 B6 1.9 TDi Sport 180bhp In Dolphin Grey. Kei Force 10 Wheels. VDO Boost Gauge. JE-design, ABT + Vortex Body styling. HID's, AP coilover suspension, turbo back exhaust with twin exit pipes RS4 style The Stealth look is well under way and not far from compleat

Neutral

Status
    that looks very smart in that place, were did you get the boost gauge from?

1st Quattro Deffo not my last...

Status
    Looks real neat mate good job,

p.s i thought i had it bad with the current fuel mpg sito,spare a thought for you guys instead 285 full tank

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-S...Q5fAccessories

Cheers Guys, Easy to fit,just requires patients which I lack so the Mrs Says..

I got it from the above link on Fleebay (they are very fast with delivery) but now they do the vent one on Fleebay for the B6 which they didnt have at the time.
    Im happy with mine though, like the way its positioned, dont get in the way at all but be prepared to be looking at it constantly for the first few months, monitoring your Boost checking to see if you are lacking.
    You'll soon know if you have a boost leak thats for sure.

Im changing my gauge though to match the Audi dash before I get rid, cheap enough!

@ Silver, Yeah I was shocked when i filled up then plus I had been flooring it playing with my Gauge, it soon climbed though when I took my led foot off the pedal, didnt show a great amount still though.

Now Vpower has dropped 25p since then and a full tank on the DIS shows me 380mile but I managed 288 before the "beeeeeeep". Bloody Quattro's!

Matty A4 TDi Sport

Status
    Do you think that the boost gauge will work on a tdi? might have to make a purchase if so
    Audi A4 B6 1.9 TDi Sport 180bhp In Dolphin Grey. Kei Force 10 Wheels. VDO Boost Gauge. JE-design, ABT + Vortex Body styling. HID's, AP coilover suspension, turbo back exhaust with twin exit pipes RS4 style The Stealth look is well under way and not far from compleat

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Yes there are folk that have fitted Gauges to a Tdi before. Dont see why Not!! I think they look smart...

1st Quattro Deffo not my last...

Status
    lap it up while you can dont know how long before that 25p decrease turns into a 30-40p increase

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Nightmare aint it, I just got used to the litre racing ahead of the "to pay" bracket at the pump again, makes a change!

Matty A4 TDi Sport

Status
    Just ordered one for my Tdi e-mailed them first, needed a different gauge. cant complain for 78 tho including shipping ect can you!!!! cant wait till it comes. having remap on friday too woop

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattypgolf View Post
    Just ordered one for my Tdi e-mailed them first, needed a different gauge. cant complain for 78 tho including shipping ect can you!!!! cant wait till it comes. having remap on friday too woop

Good man, Good job you emailed them hey!!

You'll find plenty of Torque after your map!!

Matty A4 TDi Sport

Status
    Yea sure was, i hope so and a load more bhp, i can work out if its fast or not, lol its srange going from petrol to diesel.lol

1st Gear

Status
    J7 Ive allways been a fan of Your car bit to be honest I think that gauge kooks cheap and well Chav !!
    Audi 3.0 Sport Cab (Weekend) Transit 130 tdci GLX. (Everyday) Audi 2,0 TDI S line Avant (Somedays) Yamaha R1 (Track) Kawasaki ZZR 1400 (Road) Rotax RM1 (Track kart) I is a petrolhead !

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckH View Post
    J7 Ive allways been a fan of Your car bit to be honest I think that gauge kooks cheap and well Chav !!

Never mind mate, Each to their own as its said, I foooking Love it..

Matty A4 TDi Sport

Status
    Well 2bh i think it looks good to. should have mine within 2 weeks, cant wait

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    you wont be dissapointed Matty.

Fooooking Chavtastic!!!!

Matty A4 TDi Sport

Status
    Yea cant beat a chav driving an Audi lol.