Help! Bucking/hesitation at 3-4k RPM 2.0 FSI

jamie_a4

Reaction score
Hi all, wondering if anyone could help.
As i went into a nation speed limit tonight, i dropped it a gear into 3rd, and hit the 3k rpm and as i accelerated ,the car jerked and had loss of power, it also threw the EPC light on and think it went into limp mode as it did so. i turned the engine off, waited a few mins, went to look at the engine, thought the MAF could be ******?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Cars a 60k miles a4 2.0 FSI sport​

update....

i've been driving it quite a bit, trying the simmlar sort of driving ,

and it hasn't done it again since (touch wood) my dad said it could be due to a bit of bad petrol or something?

anyway... if its gone great news for me anyway!!

it may have been a boost spike, maybe your n75 valve or the bosch dv is beginning to get sticky and caused an overboost...? That will trigger a CEL and would reset on switch off but it will be in the ecu memory, get it scanned for error codes so you know where to look before something does go wrong again. They are brutally reliable so if its acting up even once or twice then something is about to go wrong.

hi mate, thanks for the info, but its not a turbo?

is the bosch d/v a turbo part?

cheers

whoops sorry mate, didnt see that it was an fsi! Yeah its a turbo part.

Maybe then it was a coilpack or maf failure - the ecu will have recorded it anyway so a vag com scan etc will tell you what happened :)

ah ok mate, was starting to sound complicated then haha

will try and get it vag comm'ed, but its not done it since, done about 50 miles in it this morining so touch wood it'll be ok now

thanks again

np :) they are phenominally reliable and built like tanks so it shouldnt be anything serious if its gone away.