Badger5Chris Nott
    Space Cowboy

Status

first aid kit location...

Hi lads, my son just took a spill off his bike (quite nasty) does anyone know where the frigging first aid kit is supposed to be??? I cant find it but maybe its somewhere stupid, should be fitted as all the tools and triangle etc are intact unopened.....help
    B4 TDI - old skool project / daily driver...if it ain't broke, it's probably an Audi...

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

First Aid Kit

Evil

Mine is, as you open the boot on the bottom L/H/S, there is an area were there is a "hole" dont know how to explain...but lift from the back as the front is hinged, sort of...and pull off this should access the first aid kit..dont know if this is the place or that mine is just in there?

Hope the kid is ok m8
    Cheers J

Space Cowboy

Status
    cheers bud, will check there, yeah he's just got a few nasty grazes and the odd cut but they needed dressing. I borrowed some bits from a neighbour in the end but would like to know its there for next time lol.

thanks for replying mate

He was trying to do a bloody wheelie over a speed bump on his pal's bike that has no brakes.......doh!
    B4 TDI - old skool project / daily driver...if it ain't broke, it's probably an Audi...

Neutral

Status

First aid kit

Quote Originally Posted by evilscotsman View Post
    cheers bud, will check there, yeah he's just got a few nasty grazes and the odd cut but they needed dressing. I borrowed some bits from a neighbour in the end but would like to know its there for next time lol.

thanks for replying mate

He was trying to do a bloody wheelie over a speed bump on his pal's bike that has no brakes.......doh!
    Like father like son, evil ....lol
    I just had a wee brows threw ma owners manual and that aint were its supposed to be m8, it says first aid kit can b acomodated in rear centre armrest....but that only applies to vehicles that have a first aid kit????eh, mental..so were back to square 1 m8.

So i guess the hunt for the hidden, first aid treasure is on and what the hell is that hidden compartment in ma boot for?Was the previous owner a herbalist ?? and had the secret compartment "pimped" for his stash?Maybe i should take a look in that first aid box?Anyone shed a light on the secret compartment and its use,other than housing a first aid kit?

Any ways am ranting and hijacking evils post so am off.
    Cheers J
    Last edited by A4 TURBO UK; 24th July 2008 at 19:49.

cabriolet

Status
    hi TURBO

just checked the manuel and the space you found is for herbs but only if it was specced from new with the pimp option!

joking aside the first aid kit should be in the armrest.
    typical, dont know its missing till you need it.
    its not something you think to look for when you buy the motor is it?
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1wheelonly View Post
    hi TURBO

just checked the manuel and the space you found is for herbs but only if it was specced from new with the pimp option!
    Nice 1 m8, LMFAO.

Space Cowboy

Status
    LOL will have to check out my "herb storage" compartment tomorrow!!!

I have opened the rear armrest lid and its empty, unless its in a hidden hollow bottom affair?? hehe i guess the previous owner may have been accident prone and used it up as its on the options list

Now on to that OTHER compartment...........

1st Gear

Status
    Sod the First Aid kit! wheres this herb storage

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    I think there's some german requirement for cars to carry a 1st aid kit in Germany like their rule about carrying a fuel can on the autobahn. I seriously doubt they'd fit one to a UK car as we have no such rules here, unless you really really wanted one! Its all about money pinching!
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Status
    Agree with NickyNibbles, its not a UK requirement to carry a first aid kit, warning triangle, hi-vis vests, spare bulbs or a fire extinguisher so why should the dealers in the UK bother spending more money if it ain't a legal requirement. Some European countries require that you carry all of the above !

As we do regular trips to Germany I tend to carry all the bits on board anyway as the spare wheel well in my car is huge so it all just fits under there.

I think that a first aid kit SHOULD be a legal requirement over here, never know when you might need it

Andy
    B6 1.8T Sport Cabriolet - Ebony Black & Red Sports Leather-19" Sportec Mono10s-Bootlip spoiler-One touch roof module-Green Cotton filter-Forge 007 - 2007 rear lamps-2007 OEM interior dimming compass mirror-OEM S4 heated, elec folding, dimming aluminium door mirrors-2007 RS4 cabriolet exhaust-2007 RS4 Carbon trim-2007 RS4 starter button-2007 RS4 inner door handles- A4 DTM carbon front splitter
    1994 UK MX5 in rare Laguna Blue
    2003 Yamaha R1 (5PW) Tech Silver - not standard !

Smoking is good for you

Status
    Derbyshire, land of the free home of the brave.
    First Aid kit in UK is an option all round I believe.

In Spain, by law you have to carry a yellow lumo jacket, which is a bloody good idea, as is the Triangle and First Aid kit. Amazing what an elastoplast and savlon can do to arterial bleeding!
    8P S3 S-Tronic BE. Stage 2 from Awesome GTi.

Gone - S4 bi-turbo - forever a place in my heart!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattfinn View Post
    First Aid kit in UK is an option all round I believe.

In Spain, by law you have to carry a yellow lumo jacket, which is a bloody good idea, as is the Triangle and First Aid kit. Amazing what an elastoplast and savlon can do to arterial bleeding!
    The same goes for France now.

54 A4 Avant 1.9TDi SE 130 6sp, factory fitted RNS-E Sat Nav, Colour DIS, 6-disk changer, Bluetooth, rear parking sensors and ambient lighting.