can i get a button replaced on my Audi stereo?

shaggy

Reaction score
right, one of the buttons on my Audi stereo has had the FM writing flaked off. Being the purist that I am, apart from a DIY tippex solution, is there any way I can replace this to maintain the great interior and exterior looks of my car ? :)

:detective2:

I dont think you have any chance mate unless you get hold of a busted stereo. Audi will not have sub-components for an outsourced item, they arent manufactured by them and you may have to bite the bullet and buy a new stereo, then sell yours on ebay.

I dont think you have any chance mate unless you get hold of a busted stereo. Audi will not have sub-components for an outsourced item, they arent manufactured by them and you may have to bite the bullet and buy a new stereo, then sell yours on ebay.

i phoned up preston audi yesterday, for a new volume button as the finish has perished a little, and they are £8 each plus vat, dont know if they do the FM button but worth a try.

To be fair the volume knob is just a push on/pull off standard knob, not sure if the FM button is quite as easy to change.

just out of intrest what state is your ESP (traction control) button in? the front of mine is bubbled.

Theres an advert in this months AudiDriver mag for a place that repairs Audi stereos, I will dig it out and post the link if anyone requires it.

a few of my buttons are worn thru to the white, like the window switches, youve got me thinking now lol :)

Seriously tho i doubt you will get the fm button, and even if you do the stereo will require major dismantling to fit it, you can count on that :(